IGNORED

Harmony Programming Tool: Development Tab Suggestion

Random Terrain

The Quick Pick buttons at the bottom are handy, but it would be even better if each one could open the folder where its .bin file is located (when the button is right clicked).

When you right click on an empty Quick Pick button, it makes sense that the last folder used is the one that opens. But when a Quick Pick button is not empty, it would be nice if the folder that .bin is sitting in would open.

For example, if one Quick Pick button is pointing here:

C:\Atari2600\bB\My_Projects\Dog_Fart_3000\bin\dog_fart_3000_2011y_06m_28d_2104t.bin

And I make another Quick Pick button point here:

C:\Atari2600\bB\My_Projects\Space_Nipple_Deluxe\bin\space_nipple_deluxe_2011y_05m_08d_0751t.bin

Then I right click on the dog_fart_3000 Quick Pick button, it would be nice if the C:\Atari2600\bB\My_Projects\Dog_Fart_3000\bin folder would open instead of C:\Atari2600\bB\My_Projects\Space_Nipple_Deluxe\bin.

In case I wasn't clear enough, here's another example. Say I use all 16 Quick Pick buttons and they are all pointing to different .bin files in different folders. If I would right click on each Quick Pick button, a different folder should open for each one.

Is that possible?

[i should probably mention why I want this. If my suggestion is possible, I could have Quick Pick buttons for all of my works in progress and when it's time to update a Quick Pick button to the latest .bin file, I won't have to go searching for the correct folder. The folder for that work in progress will open automatically when I right click on the button.]

Edited by Random Terrain

• 1 year later...

The Quick Pick buttons at the bottom are handy, but it would be even better if each one could open the folder where its .bin file is located (when the button is right clicked).

In case I wasn't clear enough, here's another example. Say I use all 16 Quick Pick buttons and they are all pointing to different .bin files in different folders. If I would right click on each Quick Pick button, a different folder should open for each one.

Is that possible?

Yes, it's possible, and it will be in the 1.2 release. It's been 3 years (!) since the last release, but I haven't abandoned the project.

• Like 1