IGNORED

Ature Pre-orders Now Open

yuppicide

Pre-orders for a non-limited edition release of Ature are now open.

The decision was made to keep the same box design (which I will explain below), without the limited edition stamp on it. I have also corrected a small error on the back of the box's screen shot. There was a 1 pixel (maybe bigger?) line there by mistake that neither of us caught. I thought it was maybe in printing, but it was totally my mistake. My graphic editing software is having trouble.. maybe I have a bad installation, or maybe it doesn't like my video card for some reason, so it's a pain to work with and I missed that due to graphical glitches on my screen.

The manuals will be made a tad smaller to fit in the box properly.

The reason for the box design decision is because if you ever find a copy of this game in the wild, I think it's fun that only some collectors know to look for something "special" to indicate a more rare version of the game. It's like buying an Atlantis in the wild to get home and find out you've got Atlantis II... or buying a TigerVision cart to find out you're colored cartridge shell is the more rare one.

NTSC only. The price is the same as before $45 + $5 shipping, which includes USPS in the United States with Delivery Confirmation. International will have to contact me for shipping price.. let me know where you are at.

PM me and I'll give you PayPal information.

post-6095-0-64630300-1309364502_thumb.jpg

post-6095-0-66623900-1309364503_thumb.jpg

Just to clarify these boxes will not be numbered as they're not limited edition.

This list below will serve to show people who've contacted me so far.. I've replied to all your PM's (in no particular order):

1 - cmart604 (paid)

2 - zodicaprime (paid)

3 - jeffgamer (paid)

4 - chrisleach

5 - d-wilson

6 - marc ober (paid)

7 - 4ever2600

8 - trekmd (paid)

9 - cvga (paid)

10 - toymailman (paid)

11 - uberarcade (paid)

I'll update the list as they come in. I'll also update once payment goes through. If need be I'll do the carts in two batches so as to not make people wait for everyone.

Edited by yuppicide

I just placed the order for some boxes. I'm going through PayPal and PM's now and I'll update that part of the thread. Boxes take about 7 days to get here from overseas. No issues what so ever getting into the country last time.

Edited by yuppicide

If anyone else wants in let me know.. $45 + $5 shipping (in the US contact me for shipping elsewhere). I have 15 being made right now and will do another batch shortly after.

The boxes are being shipped out to me on Tuesday. Will let him as well as this post to know when they arrived.

Edited by yuppicide

I'm doing some house cleaning right now, but maybe today I'll go through the other thread and see who expressed interest there.

By the way, if anyone knows of a place I can get 11x17 or 18x20 posters printed up cheap let me know. I've always wanted to get posters printed of the world map. It does not give away any game secrets. I can't offer them in with the $45 pricetag, but I'll offer them to you guys and even the people who bought limited edition versions.

I've only really ever gotten standard print from them. The standard print is slightly glossy but not high-gloss or anything, but I know they have a glossy print paper they can use. Probably costs a bit more but your copies still wouldn't be more than $2.00 per or something in that ballpark, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Be careful - he promised the Skull Island game over a year ago, had a bunch of people (including myself) pay up front, and now he can't be bothered to even reply to emails or post an update. He has scammed a whole bunch of people on AtariAge for that and does not care to even respond, just starts another project.

Will not send a refund, does not seem to be any recourse except to warn others.

Be careful - he promised the Skull Island game over a year ago, had a bunch of people (including myself) pay up front, and now he can't be bothered to even reply to emails or post an update. He has scammed a whole bunch of people on AtariAge for that and does not care to even respond, just starts another project.

Will not send a refund, does not seem to be any recourse except to warn others.

:thumbsup:

Cross post from my Skull Island thread:

Sorry I didn't get back with any updates sooner.

The part you want to hear: I will start refunds before the month's end. I get paid then and I think a bonus at work, so I'll get everyone taken care of. I've had the pleasure of meeting some people on here and I'm not a crackhead, so don't worry about your money. I'll make it right.

As I still have money invested on this, I would like to keep everyone's name on the list. I will only ask for money in the future when I have ALL the final product in my hands and ready to go.

The part you might not want to hear: I spoke with Gez and kind of vented to him a little. I felt really bad for being so long without an update. He said I'm not totally hated and it made me feel a little better. I'm thankful for that. I'm not going to read all the replies here because I have a feeling it's going to make me more depressed than I already am. My job has been shit for a long time. I kind of say stuff on here sometimes, but it's pretty bad sometimes. You ever see the movie Horrible Bosses? It's hilarious. I'm in a similar situation minus the wanting to kill part. I just need to get out of there.

As for my life at home? It's alright. Not the best, certaintly not the worst.

I'm in alright health, although I gained about 8 or 10 pounds since I was last here. I'm getting fat and lazy. The simplest of tasks make me sweat.. like moving a few boxes of work. It's October and I've got the air conditioner on low in my apartment. Is that normal? I will wake up at 2AM sometimes to get a drink and take a scoop of peanut butter, or a little taste of some cheese. I don't think I'm really hungry. Just my body has gotten used to it I guess.

All this stuff has made me depressed. I don't have my Atari as you know I sent it to the guy. I do check woot on a daily basis for t-shirts, my Facebook, and once in awhile Gamesniped, but that's about it.. I'm just not into things as much as I used to be. It's not that I don't want to be.. trust me I do. My surroundings make me not want to be.

Expect to start getting refunds around the 22nd of the month.

Expect me to start frequenting the forums again when I dig myself out of this hole a little.

I'm going to cross post this in the Ature thread, because I did Ature carts, but didn't get to doing them. I just received all the carts and are processing them as well, so everyone there will be taken care of very shortly as well.

PS - I've had another Atari related idea up my sleeves as well for awhile now and if anyone has any experience in adding a plastic battery compartment to a plastic case let me know. I'd be interested to share my idea with you and hear your thoughts 'cause I'd want it to look nice. Maybe it's something I can bring to TooManyGames next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an idea of how you can settle up with people that paid for carts. If you aren't going to make the games and don't have the money to refund people then just send me $50 worth of games from whatever game collection you have. At least I get something for my money that way.