IGNORED

Really ugly use of Atari stuff..

yuppicide

So what you are saying is that because I modded a console with an A/V port I'm the same as that guy totally destroying a system? Go buy yourself a clue.

Looks like a creepy little delusional 10 year old kid made them.

The way you guys feel about this kind of thing is basically how I feel about stuff being added to the inside as well as the outside of an Atari 2600 because much like this instance, it changes the Atari into something that was not part of its original design, but maybe I should be saying the same thing that everyone here that praises and endorses mods has been saying to me.....you all say "Let he or she enjoy the Atari the way they want to and you enjoy it your way, maybe this guy enjoys doing this to an Atari, maybe it's his way of making his own Atari contribution, granted it makes me sick as well.....but maybe by the way THIS makes all of YOU feel, now you can finally see where I MYSELF am coming from.

The 2600 is no longer in production and supplies of OEM parts is dwindling down fast. What should be being done is looking at how the system was MADE and duplicating/reproducing the parts so all the systems OUT there could be preserved since the system has been out of production since about anywhere between 1991 and 1994, we should be looking into reproduction motherboards, Best Electronics is already making duplicate PCB's for the joysticks which bring them back to life beautifully and it used the original as a template so that's a step in the right direction.

Those of use with electronics and engineering backgrounds can do the same thing, look at the interior of the electronics, map out each part of the motherboard and create a schematic blueprint to re-create the entire motherboard, but instead of using the standard RCA jacks that were available at the time, substitute GOLD ones for better contact so this way the system is functioning as original but with better contact,

THINK of how this system turned into the ultimate bastardization...a 'pop art' (more like pop TART) sculpture makes all of YOU feel and then just maybe you won't be so quick to chastise ME for the way I believe because I am an Atari preservationist, restorationist, and PURIST, and I know there are a few others on here that believe as I do because I have seen the posts.

Oh and those of you who modify your systems should be HAPPY about what this guy did, after all he did modify his Atari into something else that was not part of its original design, he turned it into something it was not designed to be, did what he believed was right with a system that was rightfully his so realistically what's the real harm? Is that not what you all have been saying to me with every 'anti-mod' post I have put on these forums?

Touche!

Touche!

Nope. A modified Atari 2600 can be played. That insane, unattractive mess seems to have rendered the Atari 2600 unplayable. Might as well smash it into pieces. It would at least look better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpjXvYQcwc&rel=0&start=29

Heh.. see this behavior all the time with those Section 8'rs.

They try to look tough, on the internet..

The real problem isn't the destruction of the 2600 here. It's about the ape-like qualites being displayed. And more..

Edited by Keatah

This guy isn't just sick. He simply wants to make money by fooling some clueless yuppies.

OK, maybe they deserve it because they support this kind of a**ho** by buying this trash,

but that doesn't change the fact that this looser is a betrayer and doesn't make any secret of it.

I hate those... nah you know what I mean... :x

He has the right to turn this into "art". I have the right to criticize it. I bet the "artist" thinks it's pretty random that he is getting so much flack from our little corner of the web. Don't f with AA!

@Miss 2600: That is incredibly disturbing, and right up there with those jerks who tried to ebay pieces of the Columbia shuttle when it failed on re-entry. I remember visiting ground zero in the August of 2002, and seeing people selling little American flags and souveniers, I just thought it was so tasteless.

The Krylon can is the most absurd thing about it. Hopefully it is empty as it would be considered hazardous material by the post office otherwise (not that the seller would care).

It is empty. He huffed it and then his sock puppet said that if he didn't make art then it would kill again.

:rolling: Maybe the Michael Jordan doll threatened to dunk his severed head.

• Like 1

"It is empty. He huffed it and then his sock puppet said that if he didn't make art then it would kill again." -Scizophretard

Sounds like Son of Sam! It's too bad I'm stuck on the iphone, as Shatner's presence is desperately needed here.

Edited by toptenmaterial

I think I kind of changed my mind about it not being art. He seems to be expressing his soul quite well with his VHS tapes. Trainspotting is about a junkie, Falling Down is about a guy that goes nuts, Total Recall is about a guy that forgets who he is, American Beauty is about a stoner that has fantasies about having sex with minors, and Slacker... well, this guy is a slacker.

"It is empty. He huffed it and then his sock puppet said that if he didn't make art then it would kill again." -Scizophretard

Sounds like Son of Sam! It's too bad I'm stuck on the iphone, as Shatner's presence is desperately needed here.

I will kill. I will... I'll do anything you say. I'll do anything you say! Yes, master! I will kill! I WILL KILL!

Do you cut and paste this stuff from some manifesto you have been writing for the last 30 years?

I couldn't care less for mods, but having to constantly see your spam all over this forum is making me want to go and mod the shit out of my system!

Unfortunately RichG1972 wont stop his long winded ranting posts until everyone thinks exactly the same way as him.

It is a shame because he seems to know a lot about restoring consoles to their original condition. He just cant accept the fact that people can do what they want with their own consoles.

Yeah well I just solved the problem for everybody, I PMed Albert and told him that I want any and all images I posted here sent back to my email account because I do not have them on this computer anymore, and secondly told him to delete all my postings and erase my account I have better things to than get caught up in DRAMA, I had dram in Chambersburg Pennsylvania so I left, and there is drama HERE so that is why I decided to have Albert delete my account on here for good, so you see I CAN accomodate all of you in one fell swoop and give you what you want so keep the pedal to the metal and your gown down that's a big 10-4 and I'm gone!

Oh and one further thing I CAN accept that people will do what they want to do with their own consoles I just specifically request that if it is one I have restored to mint condition which in turn makes it more VALUABLE than a modified one that has modern day technology in it, if it is one I restored to mint condition, don't come to me to fix it if something goes wrong with it that you can't fix yourself because I refuse to bail someone out of a problem that THEY created by a display of their own ineptitude!

Edited by RichG1972
  • Like 3

Sounds like a lot of work for Albert--why not just stick around? I admire people who believe strongly in something and stand by their convictions, but some people will take a different side. I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't modify my Ataris. I want them to be completely original. I'm sure others here side with you on this issue, they just didn't post here. Atari fans belong here--we just may not agree on everything, but such is life. Whether we are for or against modifying Ataris, we are all Atari fans.

Edited by Miss 2600
  • Like 2

Yeah well I just solved the problem for everybody, I PMed Albert and told him that I want any and all images I posted here sent back to my email account because I do not have them on this computer anymore, and secondly told him to delete all my postings and erase my account I have better things to than get caught up in DRAMA, I had dram in Chambersburg Pennsylvania so I left, and there is drama HERE so that is why I decided to have Albert delete my account on here for good, so you see I CAN accomodate all of you in one fell swoop and give you what you want so keep the pedal to the metal and your gown down that's a big 10-4 and I'm gone!

That's got to be the longest sentence I've ever seen on AtariAge (that wasn't written by KMD).

Regarding the whole issue of mods: I've often said that changes to the original hardware should be made sparingly and with great care, because with today's technology, it's too easy to change a classic system into something else by bolting on all kinds of alien "upgrades". However, I wouldn't include A/V mods in that category, as you seem to do. All an A/V upgrade does is take the original signals from the console and amplify or reshape them into a purer form, which can be used directly by modern televisions and monitors. The RF modulator might have been a necessary intermediary in the 70s and 80s, when all we had were televisions with antenna inputs, but it isn't any longer. By installing an A/V upgrade, you're really removing a restriction to seeing and hearing the console in its best possible state, not adding something that the original console didn't have.

Sounds like a lot of work for Albert--why not just stick around? I admire people who believe strongly in something and stand by their convictions, but some people will take a different side. I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't modify my Ataris. I want them to be completely original. I'm sure others here side with you on this issue, they just didn't post here. Atari fans belong here--we just may disagree on everything, but such is life. Whether we are for or against modifying Ataris, we are all Atari fans.

Rich, I've had some interesting chats with you, and you know your stuff. I agree with Ms 2600- think this over. As angry as you may be right now, you may find that a good meal and a good night's rest may change your outlook. Hang in there!

You want to avoid drama by acting like you're David Caruso in CSI: Miami, making an overly dramatic exit in an imaginary swirling black cape?

Edited by Random Terrain
  • Like 3

Sounds like a lot of work for Albert--why not just stick around? I admire people who believe strongly in something and stand by their convictions, but some people will take a different side. I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't modify my Ataris. I want them to be completely original. I'm sure others here side with you on this issue, they just didn't post here. Atari fans belong here--we just may not agree on everything, but such is life. Whether we are for or against modifying Ataris, we are all Atari fans.

Miss Atari, then maybe this is a discussion that you and I oughta have in private amongst ourselves because to have it here in the open forum we'd both have to go up into the attic of our respective houses and drag the cross out of it and then nail ourselves to it for our beliefs, have a look at both of my restoration threads on here and see why I take pride in my work and am hopeful that if someone ends up in the possession of one of the systems I took the time to restore that you'll see why I would be hopeful that they would leave it as I rebuilt it and not erase anything I might have done but beyond that lets take this discussion private so as to not upset the majority here because god forbid the wheels on their nice cushy little applecart should go flat or fly off

Oh and one further thing I CAN accept that people will do what they want to do with their own consoles I just specifically request that if it is one I have restored to mint condition which in turn makes it more VALUABLE than a modified one that has modern day technology in it, if it is one I restored to mint condition, don't come to me to fix it if something goes wrong with it that you can't fix yourself because I refuse to bail someone out of a problem that THEY created by a display of their own ineptitude!

What a drama queen... :roll:

What a drama queen... :roll:

And a close analysis of your cranium will reveal sawdust, setting aside the fact that you are inept, insufficient, inexcusable, pompous, pusillanimous and pathetic