IGNORED

Season #2 Game #6 - Astrosmash

Me like... (your setup that is)...

Your opening salvo puts you in 5th place 4pts and double it for the Tarmin score that currently beats me for 8pts...

As on that, I am going to Omaha Thursday-Sunday this week, and will be playing in the hotel room (on both Astrosmash and Tarmin), so you may want to bump your score if you wish to keep your doubler :)

"1980gamer, when you want to make an appearance, YOU MAKE an appearance :) Congrats on your score so far... :)

Remember, posting a AD&D Tarmin score beating mine posted by the end of this round gets your Astrosmash ranking score doubled!!! (Example Akito's 9pts for 2nd is actually getting him 18pts for having his Tarmin score of 580 posted)"

Thanks cparsley,

I have Tarmin, but I have no clue how to play it?

Same problem with White Water in an earlier contest. I stink at Atlantis and Demon Attack, but I had no clue on white water.

I was pretty good at Super Demon Attack on the TI-99/4A back in 83ish...

How about Sharp Shot? I was pretty good at the football and space battle parts.

Subs and some arrow type game... I didn't really play very much, but I think the goal was to play all and try to get 200 points or something like that.

How about Auto Racing. I used to play track 1 car 3. I think that was the red car? But I put a ton of time in on that game. If I remember 3:12 was my best time?

Hmmmm. Maybe I will try the other courses soon? I really remember exploring the other courses going between the trees. That was fun when I was 11 or 12.

Wow thinking back... A good topic may be " what were your first games? "

For me: After a pong system... Intellivision, Of course Poker & Black Jack, but also Auto Racing, Space Battle and MLB to start. Followed shortly by NFL.

I remember having 12 carts from 81-83, then the crash.. 99 cent carts at KB Toy got me about 30 additional games.

Managed 380080 on astrosmash.

If Im not mistaken a top loader nes next to a Vinyl Turntable and Sea Battle, Football and Pitfall carts underneath the tv (right 2 left) hehe

lol, close. in that pic we have dreadnaught factor, space patrol, sea battle, my record player, toploader famicom, astrosmash, space spartans and slappin bitches (nes homebrew)

post-29508-0-71908500-1310350892_thumb.jpg

I'm not a big Astrosmash fan, and I've been struggling with Tarmin, but I'll try to log a score on this one in the next couple days.

I hope Auto Racing is coming soon -- it'd be nice to have a game for the HSC that doesn't require a lengthy commitment. Sharp Shot would work too, I guess.

I'm seeing a lot of people talking about overheating problems with Astrosmash. Is this a known issue? Does Astrosmash put strain on the Intellivision in a way that other games don't?

I was testing out a console tonight by playing Astrosmash. My first game crashed after 20 minutes; my second game crashed after 2-3 minutes; my third game crashed after 30 seconds. I tried a different copy of the cart -- same thing.

The weird thing is that AD&D: Cloudy Mountain ran just fine, and I played for 25 minutes with no problems. But then I tried Thunder Castle, and that crashed too. :(

I remember and old magazine that a person wrote in when their INTV crashed after playing it for 12 hours straight, and their answer was go outside... (hehehe)

Seriously, Cloudy Mountain doesn't really peak the INTV circuits, hence why it runs like a champ. As for Astrosmash, never had a problem on my machine, but if you do, keep a fan on it (especially during summer being hot) to keep air circulating around and away from it. :)

post-26894-0-82553600-1310522915_thumb.jpg

post-26894-0-40704700-1310522929_thumb.jpg

Peak Score = 1,036,470

Thanks to GiantBomb for putting out a 2hr+ podcast that kept my mind from thinking about what I was doing.

So happy to be done with this game (or would be, but now I have the fire to go reclaim that #1 spot in GameRoom -my current high score on that is way under what I now know I'm capable of).

• Like 2

Okay, lets see how good this looks (UPDATED LEADERBOARD)

Game 6 - Season 2 "Astrosmash w/Tarmin Kicker"

1) Akito01 	1,036,470 	(580 - Yes) 20pts (10*2)
2) 1980gamer 	945,875 	(No Bonus)  9pts
3) Zylon 	756,410 	(No Bonus)  8pts
4) JacobZu 	642,975 	(350 - Yes) 12pts (6*2) 
5) Crade 	380,080 	(310 - Yes) 8pts (4*2)
6) INTVDude 	248,930 	(No Bonus)  2pts
7) Austin 	201,765 	(No Bonus)  1pt
 RoadRunner   174,695 	(No Bonus)  1pt
9) ed1475 	104,100 	(360 - Yes) 2pts (1*2)

Edited by cparsley

Season 2 - Game 6 "Astrosmash w/Tarmin kicker" (Tarmin target : 370)

1) Akito01 	1,036,470 	(580 - Yes) 20pts (10*2)
2) 1980gamer 	945,875 	(No Bonus)  9pts
3) Zylon 	756,410 	(No Bonus)  8pts
4) JacobZu 	642,975 	(350 - No)  6pts 
5) cparsley	406,220	        (No Bonus)  4pts
6) Crade 	380,080 	(310 - No)  2pts
7) INTVDude 	248,930 	(No Bonus)  1pt
 Austin 	201,765 	(No Bonus)  1pt
9) RoadRunner   174,695 	(No Bonus)  1pt
10) ed1475 	104,100 	(360 - No)  1pt
11) Tempest2k	12,400		(No Bonus)  1pt

booooooo dont phase the intelli out :(

There's not really much reason to continue. I just wanted to see if I still had it on this game. All the other ones only get a token-play if we run them.

I've given up on selling them since they get more $ as scrap. I'll be keeping old faithfull Tandyvision and a selection of my favorites, just won't hardly play them.

Edited by zylon