IGNORED

Should I sell Ms. Pac-Man arcade hack?

Jr. Pac

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should I sell my Ms. Pac-Man Arcade hack?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

And similar to what I said in a reply to 4Ks status update, it's just too bad that 4Ks doesn't know what in the heck he's talking about. I was fishing for evidence to prove or disprove a moderator's theory, not trolling.

Wow, you're dragging my status update into this? Fine, I can play too. As a matter of fact, threads like this are exactly what drove me to post that in the first place.

Have any of you snobs ever been a kid before? Seriously, have you? Almost everyone is a little bit ignorant at that age (not knocking Jr. Pac here), but you people seem to act like asking a question about something you would already know the answer to is a capital offense. Take off the propeller hat and realize that there are actually normal, intelligent people who don't know the difference between a CPU and a GPU.

I know that at least 80% of the people here are over the age of 25. It's time for some of them to start acting like it.

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

The difference between a CPU and a GPU are the letters C and G.

Edited by Schizophretard
  • Like 1

I know that at least 80% of the people here are over the age of 25. It's time for some of them to start acting like it.

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

Talk to me about how you are acting in 11 years and we'll get back to this statement then. The great thing about being in a community like this is I can safely assume I'm dealing with adults with jobs and bills just like me. From time to time I would be wrong but not often. If I wanted to deal with children I would join a pokemon forum somewhere, but as it stands I'm a member at AtariAge, a website made for a console more the a few years older then the user in question here. Its a bit odd I'm sure you can agree.

• Like 2

So this is what they meant when they told me the forum wasn't very "noob friendly". :ponder:

And who are "They?"

I don't see what your talking about, have you personally had an issue?

seems to contradict your own statement in another thread:

"Once again, the encouragement and support from the forum is outstanding." :P

Or are you just looking to add DRAMA?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 2

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

Talk to me about how you are acting in 11 years and we'll get back to this statement then. The great thing about being in a community like this is I can safely assume I'm dealing with adults with jobs and bills just like me. From time to time I would be wrong but not often. If I wanted to deal with children I would join a pokemon forum somewhere, but as it stands I'm a member at AtariAge, a website made for a console more the a few years older then the user in question here. Its a bit odd I'm sure you can agree.

I joined Atariage because I ONLY like old games. NO new games. It's the only place with people that I can think of that know what Atari even is. It's the only place where I can ask questions and discuss Atari (and retro games in general) things, and I really like the Marketplace as well.

• Like 1

And who are "They?" I don't see what your talking about, have you personally had an issue?seems to contradict your own statement in another thread:"Once again, the encouragement and support from the forum is outstanding." :P Or are you just looking to add DRAMA?

That comment I made was satirical, because my thread went about a week without a real comment or suggestion about a game I programmed.

And "they" are just various members on this forum and abroad that have made comments about the forum not welcoming new programmers.

I can understand not tolerating having trash put up and and asked to buy it, but when someone asks for an opinion about something they made, it doesn't take much effort to type "I like it" or "I don't".

I'm 15 by the way, so I can relate to OP here.

Edited by petik1
  • Like 1

And who are "They?" I don't see what your talking about, have you personally had an issue?seems to contradict your own statement in another thread:"Once again, the encouragement and support from the forum is outstanding." :P Or are you just looking to add DRAMA?

I'm 15 by the way, so I can relate to OP here.

I'm 16, and I think the OP is an imbecile. So, I can see how you and 4Ks can relate to him. :P

Edited by brandondwright
  • Like 3

Ironically, the original arcade "Ms. Pac-Man" itself was born an unauthorized hack of the original "Pac-Man".

"Ms. Pac-Man is an arcade video game produced by Midway as an unauthorized sequel to Pac-Man. It was released in North America in 1981 and became one of the most popular video games of all time, leading to its adoption by Pac-Man licensor Namco as an official title."

Ironically, the original arcade "Ms. Pac-Man" itself was born an unauthorized hack of the original "Pac-Man".

"Ms. Pac-Man is an arcade video game produced by Midway as an unauthorized sequel to Pac-Man. It was released in North America in 1981 and became one of the most popular video games of all time, leading to its adoption by Pac-Man licensor Namco as an official title."

Indeed. The original sequel's name was Crazy Otto, which had Otto as a wierd Pac-Man like creature with a blue eye and LEGS, and the monsters had feet and antennae. It was hacked by a company called GCC (General Computer Corp.), who was known for their unauthorized 'upgrade' chips. They showed it to Midway and they were so impressed by the quality of the hack, they bought the rights, slightly modified it (the sprites, added monster "eyes" sound, and the title screen) and released it as Ms. Pac-Man. They were trying to decide names before it's release. Pac-Woman sounded to grown-up, Miss Pac-Man was scrapped because she basically "married' Pac-Man, Mrs. Pac-Man sounded too adult once again, so they settled with Ms. Pac-Man. It was an instant hit.

• Like 1

BUMP!

What did I say about repeatedly bumping your own posts? Please wait at least a few days.

Tempest

Indeed you said at least 24 hours. It was 29 hours. :skull:

BUMP!

What did I say about repeatedly bumping your own posts? Please wait at least a few days.

Tempest

Indeed you said at least 24 hours. It was 29 hours.

Well now it's 48 hours. I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Tempest

• Like 4

BUMP!

Tempest

Indeed you said at least 24 hours. It was 29 hours.

Well now it's 48 hours. I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Tempest

I prayed to have a good day today instead on accident. :P

One time I said "on accident" by accident, so I chopped off my left arm and beat myself to death with it. Then I learned how to move matter with my ghostly energy, grabbed a shovel, dug up my body and reanimated myself.

That's ghostly! Oh wait.. Look at my avatar pic. :P