IGNORED

Space Harrier Released

Sheddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B-_6-RuJR0&feature=feedu

Sal was a bit quicker with the video than I thought :)

I didn't think the day would come, but I've decided to stop messing about with the game and just release it. Hopefully there aren't too many problems with it...

It's suitable for all XL/XE machines with at least 64K RAM. In the .zip is a MaxFlash cartridge image suitable for emulators. Of course you can also use the cartridge image to program a real 8Mbit MaxFlash cartridge to run on a real machine.

sharrier.zip

• Like 40

I just programmed an 8MBit flash cart with kjmann's file (thanks!) and played a quick round....ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING! The game is so smooth and plays like a dream. This is an OUTSTANDING piece of coding genius and dare I say the most amazing program made for the A8 so far. Many, many thanks and a great big round of applause for this great piece of work! :thumbsup:

Nice. Gave it a quick go.

Just a couple of issues -

. the title screen indicates "Start" although Start doesn't do anything (fire button only)

. the end of level when the enemy dies is a bit anti-climatic. I compared the arcade and it's a bit that way too, but less noticable because the next level "blends" in more rather than having the intermediate screen.

Also, is there a "Continue" facility, or do you just always start over?

Nice. Gave it a quick go.

Just a couple of issues -

. the title screen indicates "Start" although Start doesn't do anything (fire button only)

. the end of level when the enemy dies is a bit anti-climatic. I compared the arcade and it's a bit that way too, but less noticable because the next level "blends" in more rather than having the intermediate screen.

Also, is there a "Continue" facility, or do you just always start over?

On the Title Screen Try Moving the Joystick to the Left and Right. It moves the arrow between the options allowing you to change those options by pressing fire on what ever option the Arrow is pointing to.

When you get past a Bonus Round you can Move the Arrow to the far right on the title screen and push fire to change what level to begin a new game on. you can only start on the levels AFTER the Bonus Rounds that you have completed.

Ex: if you have only completed The Bonus Round at level 5 then you will have the ability to select Level 1 or Level 6 to begin on for your next game.