IGNORED

Space Harrier Released

Sheddy

I was going to record a video of this but the BIN file causes it to crash the Atari800WIN v4.0 130XE emulated machine instantly. Before crashing it does detect it is a 1mb XEGS cart and I click OK to continue and then it crashes.

Is there another setting? Machine type=XL/XE Memory=64,128 and 320kb tried.

Black screen with nothing if I select Megacart 1mb or switchable 1mb XEGS options for cart type.

Nothing else is broken just this 1 game won't run!!

This is an Atarimax 1mB cartridge.

So how are people playing it on emulator because I have listed the only 3 cartridge types selectable on Atari800win emu!

Maybe using Altirra? Just a wild guess.

I use ym real XL with MaxFlash.

Got it working with a teensy upgrade version thanks.

nothing to see here

Are you in the 10% pricks/arseholes of A8 user bracket or a failed attempt at humour?

I was asking for some help and then asking for some advice.

We don't need anymore jerks in the A8 forum thanks, if you have nothing useful to say then just GTFO mate ok?

Edited by oky2000

nothing to see here

Are you in the 10% pricks/arseholes of A8 user bracket or a failed attempt at humour?

I was asking for some help and then asking for some advice.

We don't need anymore jerks in the A8 forum thanks, if you have nothing useful to say then just GTFO mate ok?

OK I posted a reply on what to do to help you, but in the meantime you'd already posted that you'd sorted it, so I edited my post. . Do you want today's arrogant twat award?

• 2 weeks later...

this is probably a silly question.... i want to play this game on my atari 130xe with sio2sd, is it possible to make an oversized atr that contains everything and will run as a stand alone file! the cart option isnt the way i want to go (no paypal etc!) i wouldnt know where to start when it comes to ripping carts (or cart files) but one of you clever sods must have some ideas!!

if its not possible then emulatoion is the only way i can play.... shame!

this is probably a silly question.... i want to play this game on my atari 130xe with sio2sd, is it possible to make an oversized atr that contains everything and will run as a stand alone file! the cart option isnt the way i want to go (no paypal etc!) i wouldnt know where to start when it comes to ripping carts (or cart files) but one of you clever sods must have some ideas!!

if its not possible then emulatoion is the only way i can play.... shame!

What you suggest will take significant reprogramming of the game. It's discussed thorougly in this thread if you page back a bit.

ahh, i didnt realise it would need so much work, to convert, oh well, if anyone in the uk could knock me up a cart i would gladly pay! im a slave to postal orders!!

I have a spare 8 mbit Atarimax cart that I could program Space Harrier for you (with Sheddy's permission!) Just cover the cost of the cart and postage and Bob's your Uncle! Drop me a PM and we'll sort it.

Cheers

Dom

• Like 1

I have a spare 8 mbit Atarimax cart that I could program Space Harrier for you (with Sheddy's permission!) Just cover the cost of the cart and postage and Bob's your Uncle! Drop me a PM and we'll sort it.

Cheers

Dom

Game itself is free - no need to ask me ;-) :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Cheers

Dom

Game itself is free - no need to ask me ;-) :thumbsup:

Hi Sheddy,

Have just programmed Tim's cart so looks like he will be playing it on a real machine at last! Thanks again for your effort and achievement on this project.

Cheers

Dom

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone Should shower Sheddy with donations... His work on this game is incredible and made a games possible that would never have been accomplished over the last 6 or so years happen.. He truely has made the inovations and pushed the Atari the way it was meant to be. I vote Sheddy coder of the YEAR!

• Like 1

Just d/l and gave this a try on my 800xl with flashcart last night. VERY impressive! Excellent recreation of the arcade classic. My only personal request would be a built-in cheat mode for unlimited lives/continues because I can't make it past level 4!!!! :)

• 9 months later...

Does anyone have anims of the hand waving? I want to try something. :) Animating the hand will be easy, as all it would involve is changing a few bytes in one of the character sets.

Here's another one, PCIN again ... capture from the Sega Master System. This one is really close to the original SMS screen.

post-23798-0-85981700-1344481630_thumb.png space harrier sms - pcin.atr

post-1211-0-63454500-1344551891_thumb.gif

Please work from the original source - the arcade version! This is an abbreviated animation that does have the waving. I've been playing with Rastaconverter too, but my PC is slow and no good results yet (so maybe the original isn't a good source after all)