IGNORED

Reliable places to buy 5200/7800 systems?

Brad2600

I don't trust morons on EBay. I'm not paying over 100 dollars for a 5200 or a 7800! It's ridiculous! I'm not some money grubbing ass trying to make people pay for stuff they had as a kid!

I only go by mailorder or trade!

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'd rather go through a retail outlet.

Try this guy out. I've purchased several things from him and have been very happy.

Fast shipping and best of all, he is a straight up guy. I wanted to purchase a 5200 from him and he quoted 45 bucks for a two port with working joysticks, but since he could only provide one working stick (and because a hinge on the joystick cover was broken - easily fixed with superglue, btw) he sold me the 5200 for $20. He also threw in a free copy of Pacman too.

Collector's Cards and Games

I have noticed him around but I needed some idea if he was good to do business with or not. Does he still have plenty of 5200s and 7800s? Do they come in the box?

What's the difference between a 2 port and a 4 port? Which is the better deal?

I am considering ordering from Collectors Cards and Games soon anyway. Need more info first.

I would give it a shot sometime but I'm still skeptical of EBay. Call me old fashioned when it comes to buying things, but I prefer mailorder.

I use also a tool called auctiontamer I add every interesting auction to this list but that doesn't mean I bid on it. This program will create a database of items I sell, win, or are closed (loose)...

The when I really want to have a program I look in the closed part and look for the game I want to have.

For example. I like to have the game Mean 18. I will look for it in this program. When I see that this game is sold 8x for about $3.00 and 2x for a much higher price I know that I can get it for $3.00 on ebay.

I also compare the price with post orders sometimes when I think they have it also for the same price. When they do I buy it there too. But I have saved a lot of money in the years by looking on ebay. But sometimes you also have to patient because you loose a bid. Next time better...

My average savings on ebay items with a shop is about 60%...

I did just mention that I'd like to know if the systems come in original boxes. Also, does he throw in a game with each order?

I just need to know more about the quality of service you recieved and such before I consider placing an order.

Thanx

I haven't bought systems from him yet, just an ac adapter and games so far, but the orders were very well packed and arrived very fast (2 days). According to his site, a 7800 comes with one game, but nothing is mentioned about the 5200, so I assume no game. I don't believe that they come in original boxes, but I could be wrong. Why don't you just try to e-mail him, or even telephone him your questions. He gives his telephone number on his page.

I haven't bought systems from him yet, just an ac adapter and games so far, but the orders were very well packed and arrived very fast (2 days).  According to his site, a 7800 comes with one game, but nothing is mentioned about the 5200, so I assume no game.  I don't believe that they come in original boxes, but I could be wrong.  Why don't you just try to e-mail him, or even telephone him your questions.  He gives his telephone number on his page.

Lonesome_pa, could I ask what condition the labels were for the carts you bought? I never asked him and I'm not sure if he mentions it as a business practice on the label condition of his carts. For example does he say to you "ok, I have this game but the label has a tear or a screw hole is showing through." That kind of thing.

Thanks

ILCA

It's funny because I had planned to order a 5200 but looks like I won an silent auction by general atarian for a 6 switcher Sears Telegames 2600 so I'll have to take care of that first. I'm selling off 1 or 2 of the 4 2600s I have to help pay for that and then I'm looking at a possible deal for an Odyssey2 with someone else so looks I will have 3 systems once I work out specifics. I like this. It's kinda fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm searching through the forum threads trying to find the post where someone recommended Collector's Cards and Games. I have no reason to believe they're anything but legitimate and they come highly recommended. BUT, the online ordering service they use EMAILS YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER IN PLAIN TEXT. All the encryption in the world on the order form won't protect your number from snooping via email.

I doubt this will be my last order from them (unless I just never hear from them again, as with 4jays) but I'll probably use Paypal or mail a money order next time.

On another note, would someone who's ordered from them a few times consider adding them as a link on the AtariAge links page? I couldn't find them in my own bookmarks because their page has no title :P

Rob

I don't trust morons on EBay.

I suggest you re-think this attitude. You are cutting out the best source for Atari collectors. Keep in mind that although there are occassional problems with ebay sellers, the vast majority of transactions are completed and for reasonable prices (I have received 100% of items I have paid for). Simply put, there is no other real alternative for many collectors.