IGNORED

Wizard Of Oz Pinball

No.

Reason 1) I'm moving to Manhattan and doubt I'll have room for a bed, much less a pinball machine. This means my present collection of 20+ machines will be in storage. I'm not going to add to that, just yet.

Reason 2) The fqn theme of the game! I wouldn't want that in my house. That's been one of my greatest complaints about pinball these days, is that the licensing is either a turn-on or a turn-off. Wizard of Oz looks like it may be a great game -- it certainly has the right people involved ot make it so. If I _do_ splurge for a modern game, I'd probably pick up the Stern Spiderman that has received a few choice software updates. Outside of the Sandman taking so prominent position, thematically, I'm ok with that one...

But, if I have the cash to spend, I'll probably hold off until I find an environmental Discs of Tron.

• 4 weeks later...

A video of the whitewood playfield being tested has been released:

http://arcadeheroes....ball-whitewood/

Interesting. The center playfield is pretty empty, so that will lead to some speedy multiballs.

I noticed that it is in a twilight zone cabinet... looks like its going to be a widebody game. :)

Looks promising. Lets see where it goes :)

A video of the whitewood playfield being tested has been released:

http://arcadeheroes....ball-whitewood/

Interesting. The center playfield is pretty empty, so that will lead to some speedy multiballs.

I noticed that it is in a twilight zone cabinet... looks like its going to be a widebody game. :)

Looks promising. Lets see where it goes :)

Yep, the announced it going widebody last week. I'm happy to see them going down that path. I think they are really going to give Stern a run for their money, although it remains to be seen how the game earns. Hopefully it pulls in enough money to make the higher price worth it.

If that is all they are putting on the table, it looks like a mix of Taxi, Medieval Madness, and instead of a jump, its a tiny loop like on No Fear. Lots of flippers too, and a pop bumper on the bottom, like a Gottlieb game.

I hope the game turns out good, might be one too many gimmicks for it to be fun. We'll see how the modes go and whatnot.

This is very aggravating!

Despite some people dis-liking wide-bodies, I love them. This game, thus far, seems like a lot of smart design is behind it. This could turn into a great playing game!

But the theme... argh! Maybe, if it is truly awesome, they'll change the theme in the same manner Family Guy turned into Shrek.

• 8 months later...