IGNORED

Pitfall! Label scan

Jr. Pac

Does anyone have a label scan of a pristine-labeled Pitfall! cartridge? I want to make a repro label for my copy, because it has Actiplaque, tears, scratches, and has white lines that I accidentally made when I was peeling it.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pitfall-pitfall-harry-s-jungle-adventure_7422.html

AtariMania is a great place for cartridge scans.

At the link above, scroll down until you hit the "cartridge" section.

-John

I'm actually looking for the US version. The US labels on that site are not pristine. Mine says at the bottom

"ONE PLAYER AT A TIME

USING LEFT JOYSTICK CONTROLLER".

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pitfall-pitfall-harry-s-jungle-adventure_7422.html

AtariMania is a great place for cartridge scans.

At the link above, scroll down until you hit the "cartridge" section.

-John

I'm actually looking for the US version. The US labels on that site are not pristine. Mine says at the bottom

"ONE PLAYER AT A TIME

USING LEFT JOYSTICK CONTROLLER".

They may not be pristine, but I've certainly never seen better.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pitfall-pitfall-harry-s-jungle-adventure_7417.html

If you do find better, make sure to send a scanned copy so they can update the database.

• 2 years later...

I guess no topic really gets old around here.

I'm about to start a project of building some sort of printable pitfall label for people to print out and replace the damaged originals.

I just want to make sure I'm not duplicating work. Has anyone ever found a pristine looking label for pitfall?

I guess no topic really gets old around here.

I'm about to start a project of building some sort of printable pitfall label for people to print out and replace the damaged originals.

I just want to make sure I'm not duplicating work. Has anyone ever found a pristine looking label for pitfall?

Have you guys seen this topic yet?:

Interest Check: Reproduction Activision Cart Labels

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/3/2018 at 10:55 AM, surteesf1 said:
Hi everyone...

I made for myself a Activision's Pitfall label.

It was made in Corel Draw and some restoration in Photoshop from a original cartridge's scan.

There a three color variatios... for variants printers brands.

I hope you'll enjoy! ;-)

post-63105-0-44420800-1515005590_thumb.png

post-63105-0-06403500-1515005608_thumb.png

post-63105-0-92340700-1515005628_thumb.png

These are really nice, and thank you for posting them.  I do have a question:  How do I print this to be the exact right size?  I'm on Windows 10, and every program I use for image editing just uses the standard windows photo print window, which doesn't give good options for choosing the size. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/25/2022 at 9:16 PM, kid_snz said:

The original post is in 2011... but what about this?

https://www.covercentury.com/index.php?p=atari2600&l=p&f=a2600_pitfall.jpg

Btw anyone know a printshop can print the style of the original Atari 2600 boxes?

When I had my boxes made up for Another Adventure, I used NickPrint.com for my printing needs.

Anything can be done, but one-offs are quite expensive. If you want to print to the right density of card for the box but want to cut it yourself with an Exacto knife, that will be much cheaper than attempting to get one pre-cut and scored.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, keithbk said:

When I had my boxes made up for Another Adventure, I used NickPrint.com for my printing needs.

Anything can be done, but one-offs are quite expensive. If you want to print to the right density of card for the box but want to cut it yourself with an Exacto knife, that will be much cheaper than attempting to get one pre-cut and scored.

Thanks for the comment! If I would order them in the future, it would be about 50-100 pieces prob. It's a lot of work to cut them by hand, so if possible, I'd like to find a place where I can order pre-cut with cheaper fees.

I found someone on Etsy who makes and sells boxes, so I'll ask here too. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AtariGameBoxes