IGNORED

The Bit 3 Full-View 80

I found it!

Yes, but was it on the left?

= )

OK, now, you do know that you are officially the only person on the planet that has this manual, right?

- Any time-table on when you can get this thing scanned?

- Did you find any monitor that doesn't cut off the last line of text?

Thanks, soooo glad that you finally found it!

• 8 years later...
On 7/10/2011 at 10:04 PM, fibrewire said:

Schematics, bill of materials, rom dumps, and gerber files

Hello. Found this old thread and was wondering if you ever got any of these things up anywhere? Would love to make some reproductions of this.  
Thanks,

Gavin

• 1 month later...

Speaking of which:

Latest and greatest sold unit on eBay:

$400.00 (!!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174985048232?hash=item28bdebf0a8:g:MHIAAOSwkCNhbwci

So that puts my reference 040.0077 A800 close to $1,000 in fair market value (loaded with genuine upgrades, including Bit3 FullView...)

Seems like prices will go up from here from sometime before busting !?

• 3 months later...

I'm half way through getting a rather dirty 800 fully cleaned and back running.  I've rebuilt the power supply, have a new PIA and CPU.  Once I get it running, I'll finally get to test my 2 BIT-3s.  Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

New to the forums, sorry to necropost, but I figured this would be the place to start. I picked up a few old vintage systems locally, Amiga 2000, Tandy 1000 and an Atari 800. The 800 is working with standard s-video out, but it also has one of these apparently very rare cards in it and I don't know how to activate it or what kind of monitor is required. I would imagine that it needs some kind of driver to make it work.

7 minutes ago, Iguana Bob said:

New to the forums, sorry to necropost, but I figured this would be the place to start. I picked up a few old vintage systems locally, Amiga 2000, Tandy 1000 and an Atari 800. The 800 is working with standard s-video out, but it also has one of these apparently very rare cards in it and I don't know how to activate it or what kind of monitor is required. I would imagine that it needs some kind of driver to make it work.

Can you take a picture of the cards? This would help people figure out what you need.

The svideo is plain old composite (aka a/v and the yellow connector on monitors. It's a female connector from the card so you need a male male composite cable to go to the monitor. It's hit or miss if a modern monitor will sync to the card. My cheapo toby small tv from a drug store worked but my Hisense tv wouldn't.

The din goes into the atari itself to pass through it's native composite. 

There is a command you can do to turn the card on. I'll see if I can find it for you and get back to you.

Edited by sl0re
C

Yes, I have a basic cart. I also pulled the Bit3 card from the 800 before I tested it out because there were wires hanging out the back and I didn't know what it was. The wires are a bit tatty and I'm thinking I should replace them before powering this up. It's just standard ribbon cable. It's not even shielded. The whole thing seems a bit wonky to be quite honest. 😀

4 hours ago, Iguana Bob said:

I had some time to play around with this today, does the Bit3 put out a standard 15khz RGB signal? Unfortunately, I don't have a RGB monitor handy so I will have to improvise.

No. As sl0re said previously, the FullView80 outputs composite video. The yellow RCA jack on your TV.

It really needs an old green or amber monochrome monitor to look its best.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, sl0re said:

The svideo is plain old composite (aka a/v and the yellow connector on monitors. It's a female connector from the card so you need a male male composite cable to go to the monitor. It's hit or miss if a modern monitor will sync to the card. My cheapo toby small tv from a drug store worked but my Hisense tv wouldn't.

The din goes into the atari itself to pass through it's native composite. 

There is a command you can do to turn the card on. I'll see if I can find it for you and get back to you.

1 minute ago, sl0re said:

I give up 😂

lol   I just read back through and saw you already answered the question.    🙂

I guess I should have done more than just quickly skim the answers.