IGNORED

What releases of Zelda: OoT have you owned?

Rhindle The Red

What releases of Zelda: OoT have you owned?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What releases of Zelda: OoT have you owned?

• Nintendo 64 (Gold)
    • Nintendo 64 (Grey)
    • GAMECUBE (OoT/Master Quest)
    • GAMECUBE (Collector's Edition)
    • 3DS
    • At least one import version
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So I've been spending a lot of time running around Hyrule again with the re-release of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 3DS. It got me thinking about the various releases of this landmark game.

To recap, they are:

• *The initial gold cartridge release for the Nintendo 64.
    *The subsequent grey cartridge for the N64.
    *The Wind Waker preorder bonus that included the "Master Quest" for the GAMECUBE.
    *The "Collector's Edition" disc available with the Platinum GAMECUBE.
    *The 3D/higher rez remake for the 3DS

There's also the question of whether you've imported any of the versions from Japan. (Or elsewhere, I suppose - iQue anyone?)

Full disclosure, I own all five of the regular releases, but no imports. What do (or did) you have?

The Collector's Edition was also available with a subscription to Nintendo Power, which is how I got mine. I also preordered Windwaker and got that version with the Master Quest. That was my first introduction to Ocarina and the only version I beat. I skikpped the N64 during its heyday and didn't pick one up until during the GameCube's lifecycle. I have two grey Ocarina carts now.

I don't have a 3DS at this point nor have I imported any of my games. I need to get back into Ocarina. It's been few years since I've played it.

I have them all, except actually the Collector's Edition didn't come with just Platinum Gamecubes. It came bundled with other colors as well. I got mine with a purple Gamecube brand new in the box with that "Zelda Collector's Edition inside" sticker. I also traded in my old purple Gamecube just to buy this one and get the game. My controller was jacked up from too much Super Smash Bros. Melee so I decided it was easier to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I didn't see any reason to import this game.

Edited by TheGameCollector

Where's the "None; Link lived and died in two dimensions" option?

Oops. I'm always forgetting to add the "none" option.

But I disagree with your assertion. I never enjoyed the "2D" Zeldas as much as the (what we *used* to call) "3D" ones. The only 2D Zelda I ever finished was "The Minish Cap". But I finished OoT (3X), Majora's Mask (and "Mask of Mujula"), Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

I was the only person who voted that I've never owned OoT...

post-28240-0-91201600-1311884698_thumb.jpg

What a bummer, too; my friend owns it on Gamecube and my brother owns the 3DS version. I think I might've played it on N64 a long time ago, but I've never owned a copy of it.

@CTF@

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

According to Zelda Wiki..

Further corrections were made in version 1.2 and the European versions, as well as the recoloring of Ganondorf's blood from crimson to green, and the alteration of the music heard in the Fire Temple to remove a sample of an Islamic prayer chant.[83] The sample was taken from a commercially available sound library, but the developers did not realize it contained Islamic references. Contrary to popular belief, the chanting was not removed due to public outcry, but instead after Nintendo discovered it violated their own policy to avoid religious material in games.

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time

Oh and I have..

N64 Grey, Gamecube ( OoT/ Master Quest ), Gamecube Collector's Editions, 3ds, and virtual console for the WiiU?

One of the gamecube versions I managed to obtain from Gamestop if I believe. The other was a special one where I had to purchase something to get it ( I forget what ). I remember it came in the mail.

Edited by Shannon

Really? It was just a statement of fact about why Nintendo chose to change some aspects of the game. Since it was mentioned earlier that nintendo removed it due to pressure, which was incorrect. No opinions by anyone concerning the validity of removing said aspects from the game.

Really? It was just a statement of fact about why Nintendo chose to change some aspects of the game. Since it was mentioned earlier that nintendo removed it due to pressure, which was incorrect. No opinions by anyone concerning the validity of removing said aspects from the game.

Not directly to do with that you posted Shannon. Sorry if it came off that way. I'm trying to stay ambiguous about it and not point fingers.

I’ve owned the gray version a couple. Fun Fact, I’ve never beaten this game. And I don’t think I ever will. It’s not because I don’t think it’s a great game. I just don’t see myself ever getting back to it. When this game originally came out on the N64 I was deep into PC gaming. I was a PC gaming snob for about 3 years their. I had a few friends growing up who I would play this game with. Those who put the time in were well rewarded I think.

Edited by adamchevy