IGNORED

What releases of Zelda: OoT have you owned?

Rhindle The Red

What releases of Zelda: OoT have you owned?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What releases of Zelda: OoT have you owned?

• Nintendo 64 (Gold)
    • Nintendo 64 (Grey)
    • GAMECUBE (OoT/Master Quest)
    • GAMECUBE (Collector's Edition)
    • 3DS
    • At least one import version
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have the grey cart version. Was given to me when a long-time friend of mine gave me literally a few hundred's worth in older games (including MegaMan 5, and a CIB "Dragon Edition" copy of Ultima IX). I might not have an N64 any longer for now, but the hell if I'm giving away or selling something a close friend gave me.

Not directly to do with that you posted Shannon. Sorry if it came off that way. I'm trying to stay ambiguous about it and not point fingers.

Understood. I know that things can get derailed around here pretty quick when threads go sideways. FWIW the originating posters gripe probably was concerning Nintendo's tendency towards censorship than anything. Regardless it is an interesting tidbit of information.

I picked up the original grey n64 release, boxed while the n64 was still on the go (most of my collecting is done at the time the consoles are still current).

Picked up the Zelda Collection disc with Mario Kart (I think), which was a US import. Similarly, I got the Master Quest disc with Wind Waker as another US import at this time. I used to import quite a few games via ebay, before the lovely british government increased import duties and killed off my fun.

Im really thankful I picked up both those extras, as I just went for them on a whim at the time, thinking that as theyre different to the standard release and cheaper than the standard for this side of the pond, itd be cool.

But theyve ended up being oft revisited classics for me.

I've got a gold nfr demo copy. Not sure there's any difference from the retail version other than the label. Never got very far as I've not seen any 3d Zelda game I liked :(

Well if having the NFR isn't something you're big on that cart is worth a fair bit of money.

It was also released on the Virtual Console, I believe.

Yup, on both Wii and Wii U. Also on the 3DS Eshop.

Not sure if I kept the GameCube discs (they were worth some $$$ as I recall), but I've owned (and likely still have)

2 cartridges

3 downloads

2 discs (maybe)

I really liked this game when it was new, but that was 20 years ago. Gack.

I own the gray N64 cart, both GameCube releases, the Nintendo Selects release of the 3DS game, and both the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console downloads.

My gray N64 cartridge is one that the internet experts at one time claimed didn't exist. It was a Christmas present in 1999 and doesn't have the alterations associated with the gray version.

Edited by Atariboy

I own the gray N64 cart, both GameCube releases, the Nintendo Selects release of the 3DS game, and both the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console downloads.

My gray N64 cartridge is one that the internet experts at one time claimed didn't exist. It was a Christmas present in 1999 and doesn't have the alterations associated with the gray version.

Huh... I've owned the gray cart release since... release... can't believe people thought it didn't exist. lol

I don't remember allegations that gray Ocarina of Time cartridges didn't exist, just that they didn't exist with the original Fire Temple music and red blood.

But judging by the top hits when searching for Ocarina of Time version differences, that's been put to rest at this point.

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences

Edited by Atariboy

• 4 weeks later...