IGNORED

ColecoVision on your Android Phone/Tablet

retroillucid

Yes, it's odd that the coleco.rom file need to be in the root while all the other rom files can be anywhere.

I'm having trouble finding out where you put the coleco.rom file in the root. I can't find out where the root is I have a Evo. Is the roms supposed to be in the coleco.rom file or can they be anywhere. If anyone can show me (with a screen shot would great I have windows 7) where to find the root file that would be great

Thanks ;-)

Yes, it's odd that the coleco.rom file need to be in the root while all the other rom files can be anywhere.

I'm having trouble finding out where you put the coleco.rom file in the root. I can't find out where the root is I have a Evo. Is the roms supposed to be in the coleco.rom file or can they be anywhere. If anyone can show me (with a screen shot would great I have windows 7) where to find the root file that would be great

Thanks ;-)

You don't need the coleco.rom with the latest version ;)

Thanks ;-)

root is the very top level. If for example it shows up as f: Then if you click once to see the contents of F: the root is the screen your looking at. If you create a folder called "roms" and you put it in F: that folder is in the root. That said if you put the coleco.rom in the root, when you clicked F: you would see the coleco.rom in there loose and the "roms" folder.

Thanks ;-)

root is the very top level. If for example it shows up as f: Then if you click once to see the contents of F: the root is the screen your looking at. If you create a folder called "roms" and you put it in F: that folder is in the root. That said if you put the coleco.rom in the root, when you clicked F: you would see the coleco.rom in there loose and the "roms" folder.

Thanks for the help I got it working now ;) I just wish I could plug my coleco controller into my phone now :lol:

You might want to start your research on your phone first-- appears there's quite a few phones that don't offer USB hosting services, meaning USB won't work the same as it would on a PC.

That's ok, my iphone doesn't even have a USB port. I am going to use the USB controller on my Laptop. I have had several people ask me about installing the USB kit on a refurbed controller in the past, and want to know how well it works. I mostly use Ubuntu, but have Win XP on this laptop so I can give results for those 2 OS es.

Be pretty cool to hang out at the coffee shop playing ColecoVision on your laptop using a real CV controller.

You should check out my post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/184187-coleco-controllers-for-emulators/page__p__2314215__hl__retrousb__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=2314215

Would be glad to hear of your experience when you get yours up and running. I'm also happy to share my parts list.

http://www.atariage...._1#entry2314215

Would be glad to hear of your experience when you get yours up and running. I'm also happy to share my parts list.

You did a great job on that and even gave me part #'s one time, but I decided I would rather just have a controller with a usb plug and not have to mess with an adapter.

My biggest concern is if there is a delay between controller action and action on the screen.

http://www.atariage...._1#entry2314215

You did a great job on that and even gave me part #'s one time, but I decided I would rather just have a controller with a usb plug and not have to mess with an adapter.

My biggest concern is if there is a delay between controller action and action on the screen.

LOL - I forgot it was you who I sent the parts list to before.

Interesting - so are you planning on housing the retroUSB board in a controller and wiring it directly to the controller board? That would be quite a neat concept. Would having an adapter really run the risk of signal delay? I'm asking out of ignorance and am just curious - I would have thought cable length would have the biggest effect.

Do you know what the worst thing about an adaptor is? It can get lost !!!!! I can no longer find mine and so I have had to revert to using my Stelladaptor which doesn't support the keypad or the right fire button - aggghhhhhh.

Edited by Ikrananka