IGNORED

Epic Adventure

Byte Knight

Hey Brian,

It will all depend if Al decides to carry it in the store and I haven't even asked him yet. If I have to distribute it myself, then there will be three options:

• cardboard box

• plastic thick DVD case (like EMR)

• cart alone

The DVD case insert can simply be printed out on an 8.5" X 11" of paper horizontally. I'll let you know if we need to head down that route...

While we're on this topic, any ideas for an instruction manual cover?

I am really liking the fading mazes. I think they fade a bit fast, but that's just my opinion. Much nicer! :thumbsup:

Hey Al,

I was wondering when you were gonna pipe in! The fade in and out is the best I can do. My frame counter only goes up to 40 for my sprite animations, and as usual I'm out of variables...

I am really liking the fading mazes. I think they fade a bit fast, but that's just my opinion. Much nicer! :thumbsup:

Hey Al,

I was wondering when you were gonna pipe in! The fade in and out is the best I can do. My frame counter only goes up to 40 for my sprite animations, and as usual I'm out of variables...

I can live with it. This game is shaping up nicely. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to doing an AV mod to my 2600 Jr., and so I was able to test the game out on my Harmony cart. One thing that became evident on the Harmony cart and not in emulation was "screen shake" with object collisions. RevEng has helped minimize this. Here's the latest release, and probably the last release before it goes to cart.

epicadv22.bin

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi BK

Works great.......This is the best 2600 game in 2011.

greetings Walter

Thanks Walter!

It should be coming to a store near you in the not-so-distant future...

Brian O. has come up with an awesome looking manual!

post-16548-0-22151900-1318360030_thumb.jpg post-16548-0-58627400-1318360039_thumb.jpg

Todd

Edited by Byte Knight
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey Todd, any word on the game? round abouts or anything?

Hey Brian,

No word on the release of the game - I'm sure Al is busy with BoulderDash and his recent move.

I'm taking the extra time to fix a few minor remaining bugs, and I'm adding torches to the dark mazes and caves. I'll be releasing an updated demo with levels I & II soon. I've also been working on updating EMR to DPC+.

Also, if anyone has any interest in doing some music for Epic Adventure, let me know.

Todd