IGNORED

Epic Adventure

Byte Knight

do you have an idea of how you want the title screen music to sound... have you ever heard dark chambers title screen music for the 7800, maybe something similiar to that in a way. this is only a few seconds, but you get the idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtWkC7qwb7g

I vote for title screen music like that it would set a great mood for this game :)

do you have an idea of how you want the title screen music to sound... have you ever heard dark chambers title screen music for the 7800, maybe something similiar to that in a way. this is only a few seconds, but you get the idea

Dark Chambers must have been the precursor to Gauntlet...

I like the eerie intro music - it would be perfect for the intro with the Evil Magician's castle in the background. Does this mean you're volunteering to do the music? ;)

Here's an updated demo for levels 1 & 2 (level 3 will be in the final release):

New features:

• Hawk bug fixes

• Title screen added (Thanks to RevEng)

• Torches in dark rooms / mazes

At this stage, even small changes to the code cause all sorts of unexpected problems. The game seems to run fine under emulation, but my 2600 Jr. is on the fritz so I don't know how well it will work with the Harmony cart. I'm particularly interested if there's any "screen shake" when you pick up an object in the same room as another object. Please test it out and let me know.

epicadv28.bin

Thanks!

Dark Chambers must have been the precursor to Gauntlet...

I like the eerie intro music - it would be perfect for the intro with the Evil Magician's castle in the background. Does this mean you're volunteering to do the music? ;)

Wouldn't mind trying to do music for your game...

cc91e8741c0c596b8b15cb2fc544a488.png

Edited by Animan
  • Like 1

i played it finally and at one point the dragon that i tried to hide from in the yellow castle flew into it from the top of the screen. is that supposed to happen? i also noticed a jerkiness of your square when moving. will you have it so maybe the enemies come back to life after a while? ok, the flicker screens are killing me lol. ok, so after trying level 2 it isnt quite so easy of a game, which can be a good thing.

Edited by AtariBrian

i played it finally and at one point the dragon that i tried to hide from in the yellow castle flew into it from the top of the screen. is that supposed to happen? i also noticed a jerkiness of your square when moving. will you have it so maybe the enemies come back to life after a while? ok, the flicker screens are killing me lol. ok, so after trying level 2 it isnt quite so easy of a game, which can be a good thing.

Yes, the enemies can move through walls, but the hawk cannot fly into locked castles. The dragon and troll come back to life after you die, although the dragon will not come back to life after the wizard apppears. The orc will appear in a different room after you kill him.

Level 2 is more difficult. Some stategies:

• It's better to grab the chalice and run then to fight the wizard.
  • Use the ring to attract the chalice if the wizard is guarding it.
  • If you have to fight the wizard, use the staff and approach him from below and to the side. He'll cast a spell to make you drop your weapon, so get your shot off quickly.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...