IGNORED

Epic Adventure

Byte Knight

At long last, I have finally beaten levels 2 and 3, so I just submitted a legit review, and am waiting for it to be reviewed.

While I'm here, do you have an ETA on EMR2? I tried it at the PRGE, and am looking forward to its release.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, everyone!

Very cool and not a easy task ! Everyone get their copy of Epic Adventure yet ?

At long last, I have finally beaten levels 2 and 3, so I just submitted a legit review, and am waiting for it to be reviewed.

While I'm here, do you have an ETA on EMR2? I tried it at the PRGE, and am looking forward to its release.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, everyone!

Thanks for the generally positive review - great writing! I agree that Levels II and III are hard, but here are some strategies to address your concerns:

Try to always carry an item so the hawk can't hoist you away.

As I've said before, locate the sword ASAP and take out the dragon and troll (using the slash and drop sword technique) in the open fields below the castle. You'll be more free to explore after this. Use the amulet to explore invisibly if the dragon and/or troll are still alive.

Get all the castles open, then you can use the Evil Magician's hawk to do your dirty work.

Pool your items in one area. The hawk doesn't drop items randomly - he only exchanges them...

Use the ring of attraction to wrestle the chalice away from the Evil Magician. This only works from above or below, not when you're on the left or right of the Evil Magician.

EMR II is pretty much done, so it's up to Al when he wants to release it...

Todd

Thanks! I wish now I had done a better job of emphasizing that a lot of hard work went in to this game, and it really shines through. Sorry about that.

How many more of these Adventure-style games have you made? Any others besides EMR I and II?

No problem - I thought it was a fair review. I also helped out with X-mas Adventure, which may be released in January.

I forgot one last thing, and then I'll shut up: I really like the "torchlight" effect on the walls. I didn't find it hard on the eyes at all. Just thought I'd mention it.

Earlier versions of the game had the walls fade to black and most people found it seizure-inducing. I made it less flashy in the final release.

• 2 years later...

I never got around to try this game back when it was developed/released and I'm finally checking it out as it looks pretty interesting, I'm a bit confused about what version should I try since in the first post it says 2.2 is the latest and includes all 3 levels, yet on this thread there's a 2.8 demo which I'd guess it's later than 2.2, but it says it only contains 2 levels. Could anyone clear this for me please.

• 3 weeks later...

I never got around to try this game back when it was developed/released and I'm finally checking it out as it looks pretty interesting, I'm a bit confused about what version should I try since in the first post it says 2.2 is the latest and includes all 3 levels, yet on this thread there's a 2.8 demo which I'd guess it's later than 2.2, but it says it only contains 2 levels. Could anyone clear this for me please.

The version 22 demo has all three levels but is an early release with lots of bugs and no titlescreen. Version 28 is the final release without Level 3. The game is still available in the AA store and now you can even get a box for it!

Also, check out EMR II if you haven't already.

I'm a little confused at why earlier versions have all levels available and later versions are content locked. I was especially disappointed to see this done with DK2600, which is a fangame of a game owned by Nintendo, but treated like a unique game. I think a demo is a good idea, but I rather have it done from the start and with original games.

I'm a little confused at why earlier versions have all levels available and later versions are content locked. I was especially disappointed to see this done with DK2600, which is a fangame of a game owned by Nintendo, but treated like a unique game. I think a demo is a good idea, but I rather have it done from the start and with original games.

You gotta have some reason to buy the game! ;) The earlier versions of Epic Adventure were before Al decided to carry it in the store.

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread (great game, btw) and wanted to see if there was any mention of the problem I am having. I have never had any problems (until now) with ROM's and have the latest version of Stella (4.7.3).

The opening screen comes up fine, but when I start playing the screen starts shaking (and sort of rolling) badly, It makes is almost impossible to play as the exits on each room kept shifting up and down!

Both the demo version and the latest v22 do the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas how to clear this up?

I'm guessing that it could be fixed by moving DFXFRACINC commands into the main loop. I don't see the source in this thread, so I can't test that, however.

Exactly! I was going to mention that it looked very much like when I was working on getting my DPC+ game screen working and still had some things wrong with getting all the screen resolution stuff correct.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread (great game, btw) and wanted to see if there was any mention of the problem I am having. I have never had any problems (until now) with ROM's and have the latest version of Stella (4.7.3).

The opening screen comes up fine, but when I start playing the screen starts shaking (and sort of rolling) badly, It makes is almost impossible to play as the exits on each room kept shifting up and down!

Both the demo version and the latest v22 do the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas how to clear this up?

Having the same problem. Is there a fix?