IGNORED

Atari Pong FA on Ebay

Cassidy Nolen

All,

Ran across this one:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305783695201?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330578369520&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I know Lloyd quite well and he is a stand-up guy. For an original machine, not a bad deal. A set of knobs is probably available (I assure you Atari didn't make their own "custom" stuff, they were still busy etching Syzygy on everything).

Tube in the TV looks dim but not unusable. Might need tubes. I have never actually worked on an Atari Pong monitor, come to think of it; they've all been hacks or aftermarkets...

CN

All,

Ran across this one:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305783695201?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330578369520&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I know Lloyd quite well and he is a stand-up guy. For an original machine, not a bad deal. A set of knobs is probably available (I assure you Atari didn't make their own "custom" stuff, they were still busy etching Syzygy on everything).

Tube in the TV looks dim but not unusable. Might need tubes. I have never actually worked on an Atari Pong monitor, come to think of it; they've all been hacks or aftermarkets...

CN

What does the "FA" mean in your thread heading?

I'm curious ... is the Player 2 knob shown in the picture the original? I've got a Pong cabinet that I'm going to (finally) start working on restoring soon, and both of the knobs on mine are different from the one in the picture. I'd also appreciate any leads for finding replacements, if anyone happens to know of any sources for potentiometer knobs.