IGNORED

Star Castle 2600 2011 at Video Game Summit

solidcorp

I'm showing the latest Star Castle 2600 at Video Game Summit 2011 right now.

It starts easier, has level progression, better controlls, and more. It's a one of a kind stand alone cart, I just finished the clear cartridge that lights up with the game action.

And best of all, as of today it's for sale.

D. Scott Williamson

• Like 7

Oh wait, got a little too excited I think. There's just the one cart you're selling? Damn, that's probably gonna fetch decent coin then.

Hopefully you'll release the .bin so we can play it on our Harmony carts :) Or make it available to Albert for sale here in the store. Could be a nice little arrangement for you since he'd be producing all the carts, labels and such.

In the meantime, I'd like to dangle some beer money toward a .bin of the finished game... :)

I'm showing the latest Star Castle 2600 at Video Game Summit 2011 right now.

It starts easier, has level progression, better controlls, and more. It's a one of a kind stand alone cart, I just finished the clear cartridge that lights up with the game action.

And best of all, as of today it's for sale.

D. Scott Williamson

I must have a copy!

Did you end up selling it? How much and was the guy a member of AA per chance? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Nope, no one has even inquired about the price.

What is the price?

What's it worth?

From a cost basis it took somewhere between 500 and 800 hours to write the software, plus PCB & PLD development, plus machining a custom clear cartridge - on a CNC machine I designed and built as well.

Plus all the subjective stuff - it's connected to a big piece of video game history - and only one was every made.

...and it's an awesome game. :)

Edited by solidcorp
  • Like 1

From a cost basis it took somewhere between 500 and 800 hours to write the software, plus PCB & PLD development, plus machining a custom clear cartridge - on a CNC machine I designed and built as well.

Plus all the subjective stuff - it's connected to a big piece of video game history - and only one was every made.

...and it's an awesome game. :)

So. . . 2K monies? :D

It IS an awesome looking game. Congrats. You did a fantastic job. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It's a joke. Sort of.

No it's not. Sort of.

I don't get it.

( ? )

Jose is a collector of Atari 2600 items, and seems to have money. He bought Air Raid boxed for upwards of $30K.

edit: if there's a bidding war for this, he's likely to win.

Edited by 5-11under

It's a joke. Sort of.

No it's not. Sort of.

I don't get it.

( ? )

Jose is a collector of Atari 2600 items, and seems to have money. He bought Air Raid boxed for upwards of $30K.

edit: if there's a bidding war for this, he's likely to win.

Isn't he the one that eventually wants to open an Atari museum?