IGNORED

Boulderdash not working on harmony cart?

sermajic

Harmony Cartridge memory: 8 kB SRAM, 32 kB FLASH, 512 kB EEPROM...

I guess 512k is for the firmware, 32k for the rom and 8k for the RAM... Boulder Dash is using 16 kB of RAM so unless he upgrades the hardware no Boulder Dash on Harmony Cartridge!

Edited by maiki

Don't get me wrong, i adore the product,

But if batari offered a deluxe version,higher priced,

Then we deserved more than the cable...

...even if we had to pay more

Did you not get an SD card and manual with your copies? (Not rhetorical this time.) All we deserved was what we were offered. We knew (or should have known) what we were getting before we ordered. If we didn't want it, then we didn't have to order it. I wish you would stop running down the Harmony cart. We are not entitled to have hardware developers cater to our wishes. Show them some gratitude so they will feel encouraged to continue work on their future projects. I'm guessing that Atari 2600 Boulder Dash ® will probably be compatible with the H2 when it is released.

• Like 1

I don't want to run down Harmony, i'm still happy with it,

Though it would be cool to see that tendency of putting "out of date hardware to save cents" run out of steam

On next versions of the product at least!!

Not cool seing incompatible games that can't be handled by the device so soon after you got the product

Don't get me wrong, i adore the product,

But if batari offered a deluxe version,higher priced,

Then we deserved more than the cable...

...even if we had to pay more

Did you not get an SD card and manual with your copies? (Not rhetorical this time.) All we deserved was what we were offered. We knew (or should have known) what we were getting before we ordered. If we didn't want it, then we didn't have to order it. I wish you would stop running down the Harmony cart. We are not entitled to have hardware developers cater to our wishes. Show them some gratitude so they will feel encouraged to continue work on their future projects. I'm guessing that Atari 2600 Boulder Dash ® will probably be compatible with the H2 when it is released.

Sarcasm aside,

Unfortunately that is not an unlikely scenario...

If you want to reply to somebody, just click on the Reply button and type your reply below the quote code. When you're done, click the Add Reply button and you're done.

For example, the text you are reading now was typed below your quote that looks like this:

[quote name='sermajic' timestamp='1310910622' post='2326560']

Sarcasm aside,

Unfortunately that is not an unlikely scenario...

[/quote]

Edited by Random Terrain

I'm on an ipad 2, great for reading, not so great for posting/editing.

Well, you were able to do it above, except you didn't type below the quote, you typed in the middle of it. If your iPad 2 will let you type in the middle of a quote, I'm pretty sure it will let you type below it.

• Like 2

Crap, i knew it was going to be obsolete soon, very low specs to save just a few cents..

As batari explained in your other topic:

1) the larger RAM would double the cost of the board - so no, not a few cents.

2) the larger RAM is slower, and thus incompatible with DPC, DPC+ or Supercharger games.

While there aren't any finished DPC+ games out yet, there are 2 in progress that I know of that will probably be out later this year. One of them, Frantic, has been publicly announced.

• Like 5

Crap, i knew it was going to be obsolete soon, very low specs to save just a few cents..

Don't get me wrong, i adore the product, But if batari offered a deluxe version,higher priced, Then we deserved more than the cable....even if we had to pay more

I don't want to run down Harmony, i'm still happy with it, Though it would be cool to see that tendency of putting "out of date hardware to save cents" run out of steam On next versions of the product at least!!

Not cool seing incompatible games that can't be handled by the device so soon after you got the product

[here's an example of many quotes in one post]

Wow, you're conflicted and contradict yourself, every other post.

I have no understanding of how to create something like the Harmony cart, but at least I know that. I have a feeling you don't either. If I'm wrong, then perhaps you should create a superior alternative, or you could commission some professionals (or a firm) to create a superior one for you. Please let us know how much it costs, and how much you're going to have to charge for each one, in order to recoup the development costs. I can't believe anybody intelligent wouldn't consider all of this, before dumping on the Harmony cart. I'm serious.

Previously, there was the "Cuttle Cart" and the Harmony cart is not only a relative bargain, but it's superior as well. You should look some of this stuff up. If you already know about the Cuttle Cart, then explain to me (in that context) how the Harmony cart is not (1) AWESOME and (2) A BARGAIN.

Or just make a better version yourself, and sell it for 99-cents.

Maybe you can wait until you get home to post, when your thoughts are better-collected and you have better editing capability with your PC.

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 2

Well, I think the Harmony is the shit, and Batari is a goddammed Atari genius! He literally walks on water folks, don't fuck with him, or the harmony.

:)

Just balancing the Karma in the world a little, that's all.

Truth is, Batari is one of the nicest people to ever walk this world. Really, great guy, who put up some of his own cash to make Harmony happen. Cost was a very big deal, because it connected directly to his personal risk. It's not like the 90's right now either. Economy isn't treating a lot of people well, and that makes taking risk all the more difficult.

Edited by potatohead
  • Like 5