IGNORED

FAT32 XEX loader

candle

Great job, quick test on real hardware:

Great!!!

Is this for the hardware SIDE or MYIDE> if for SIDE please post mine as I would like to try this new set up.

The version here on atariage is for SIDE-hardware.

There are also versions for MyIDE (internal and external etc) found on the atarimax-forum.

The problem with the image-loader is the same as for all loaders, if it overwrite the source it's a gonner ;-)

And programs that use OS-ram won't run (there resides the MyBIOS-F), here the only solution is a ROM-version....

Later!

• 8 months later...

major update

currently, there is only side version, as most of the work was done for side ultimate1mb working in tandem

what one need to fully test it is:

- ultimate1mb from the second run

- a way of flashing new firmware into ultimate1mb (this will add pbi driver)

- cf card with both APT and FAT32 partition

as for myide users, i still do builds for myide interfaces, but major feature that was added, and i really want to get checked by wider audience - that is ATR booting right from FAT32 partition - is not available for them anyways

once i've iron things out, i'll make them public

as for myide2 interface - i haven't seen any hardware specs on how registers are mapped, so, well... if anyone claims that side loader supports it, its either because hardware stayed the same, or it was simply patched to work without any premissions from my side at all

enjoy,

Sebastian

fat32-side.xex

U1MB_current.zip

Does the Jed and ROM of the SIDE cart need to be updated for this to work?

My SIDE's were from the first batch that Piotr made...

I flashed my 800xl and 130XE with the new ROM, but the ATR mounting isn't working.

Both U1MB's have the second run Jed, but when I mount an ATR by either Space-Bar or Return, it just boots to Basic.

Also, on NTSC monitors, the scrolling message only shows the upper pixels.

Any ideas?

major update

as for myide users, i still do builds for myide interfaces, but major feature that was added, and i really want to get checked by wider audience - that is ATR booting right from FAT32 partition - is not available for them anyways

once i've iron things out, i'll make them public....

I'm using ( I think) the latest version for MyIDE, but the selection is often wrong.

When I select a program, it is really selecting another program.

Did you have a new SIDE Loader for MyIDE ready? That would be great!

thanks in advance.

Louis

all loaders are build simultanously, but myide version would display random data in status line (normally it reads clock and date from SIDE real-time clock chip)

i could post them here, but i'm really looking forward for ANY feedback from u1mb/side users first

Sebastian