IGNORED

FAT32 XEX loader

candle

I did not test the new version on MyIDE ][ ... Are there plans to make it work on MyIDE ][ or is it for MyIDE I only.

For me it does not matter; I'm just curious.

This new loader (fat16 compatible woohoo) is running great on MyIDE I.

Except for that RTC timebar, but that is not so important.

Sijmen:

date and time - will do, but bit low on my priority list

size - this is an issue, i suggest you use some banking mechanism or compression

what takes most of the space are status messages, and i won't get rid of them just like that

logo can't and won't go, as this identifies this program

Frankie:

it would be a matter of not displaying entries that have status of system and hidden set, if anyone else would like that, then sure, why not

i preffer to see all the data there are, and i find amusing that windows will block you from browsing these directories, while you can navigate them under altirra using fat loader ;)

i was working on adding CIO D: handler, that would allow multifile programs to load, and here it is

if program wants to use CIO handler, it must not load below - say - $1000 (currently $BF8, but directory reading and directory change is not implemented yet), and if it doesn't want to load any data, it can safely load as low as $9A6

because of me keeping memlo as low as possible, transfer are a bit slow, but hey - it works ;)

it will be more usefully with directory read, but i don't know how this suppose to work and need to read something first

fat32-incognito.xex

fat32-side.xex

fat32-myide.xex

fat32-intmyide.xex

• Like 2

NOPE I tried both 800xl and 130xe with ulmb with first run SIDE cartridge. Also Booted Atari800 with incognito flashed with the latest ROM file that I have available to me. Jon's pbi rom I downloaded from the PM list.. I used The RomBuilder latest version in the ABOUT dialogue box. Use epom burner to flash the ROM chip so believe that I have the latest PBI rom. And I have the xilinix flashed with the latest jed files also. Is ther a new latest PBI...

The Fat32 incognito xex loader just before this one works great on loading atr's even multiples

:?

latest pbi driver...

loader is not up to the latest pbi driver - we changed a lot when it comes to mounting ATR files and handling over FAT partitions, so it won't work with the latest, it will with what was officially released eons ago

OK I will continure to use the previous fat32xex loader..

fixed bug in cluster chain handling (that didn't manifest outside cio driver), and added CIO directory listings

now things like quick assembler works, pretty useless without save, but maybe one day... ;)

good thing: you could put RMT files with RMT player in one directory and it would list the files and load them flawlessly right from fat16/32 partition

currently fat16 root directory cannot be accessed from cio driver, so if someone wants to have this kind of functionality over fat16 partition please put files inside subdirectory

cio driver will see all the files from directory that the xex file was loaded

fat32-incognito.xex

fat32-side.xex

fat32-myide.xex

fat32-intmyide.xex

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great Fat32 loader I put RMTPLAYER and all the files I have into a folder and listened to Rmtplayer for several hours. I also put The Last word and related file into a folder and was able to print to P: but not save. Now I am looking for a slide show viewer for pictures but the only one I have is a basic program.

PS the Last word editor didn't find any ram so I could only have one buffer.

:thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Hi, new here. Just bought a MyIDE2 and like it.

I mostly use it with FAT32Loader as it is way easier to use, just drag and drop ;-).

I'd like to ask if it is possible to support KBOOT ATR files? FAT32Loader complains that those ATRs are not correct, which is right as they are truncated, but would it be possible to force the loading anyway considering all the missing blocks as zero?

If this is not the right forum please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi, new here. Just bought a MyIDE2 and like it.

I mostly use it with FAT32Loader as it is way easier to use, just drag and drop ;-).

I'd like to ask if it is possible to support KBOOT ATR files? FAT32Loader complains that those ATRs are not correct, which is right as they are truncated, but would it be possible to force the loading anyway considering all the missing blocks as zero?

If this is not the right forum please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

There is another small tool called "ATR Image Size Corrector" from Christian Wyk. The program is german-only, but that doesn't matter, you can figure it out how it works... PC windows program. There are only 4 options

1. "Einzelne Datei korrigieren" means "correct one single file",

2. "Verzeichnis korrigieren" means "correct folder",

3. "XFD>ATR konvertieren" means "convert XFD>ATR" and

4. "Sortieren" means "sort".

Ah yes, and the buttons:

"Datei wählen" -> "choose file",

"Verzeichnis wählen" -> "choose folder",

"schliessen" -> "end",

"Quelle..." -> "source...",

"Ziel..." -> "target..."

ATRImageCorrector.zip

Edited by rdea6