IGNORED

Season #2 Game #7 Sharp Shot

After a marathon game like Astrosmash, its time to bring it down into nice sizeable chunks, like 60 seconds of game play. The game we're going to play is Sharp Shot.

Now, this little game actually helped the Intellivision replace the Fairchild in the TV POWW game markets of the early - mid 1980s, where kids/adults played video games thru the phone with a TV station broadcasting the game in an attempt to win some nice prizes. And now, so are you....

Here's how we're going to do this game. There are four 60 second games on here with #1 being football practice, #2 being space shoot-em-up, #3 being sub hunt (the easy game) and #4 looks like we recycled the AD&D cloudy mountain code :)

We will get a seperate scoring run for each of the four games (in a 5-4-3-2-1) scoring count, and a bonus is available for anyone taking two or more of the four games. (Those bonuses are 2 for 2, 5 for 3 and 10 for all 4), making it worth up to 30 points if someone can sweep the game.

I hope your shot is true, sharp as it were, and good luck.

Scores will be accepted until 9:00 am Eastern time on July 31st, 2011 NOTE the New Time for submissions.

Sharp Shot Leaderboard -- Final
Name			   FBall Space Sub Maze RF RSp RSub RM Overall
thegoldenband 105 80 41 43 5 5 4 5 19
1980gamer 105 80 43 34 5 5 5 1 16
Cparsley 105 70 34 43 5 3 2 5 15
JacobZu 98 80 39 35 4 5 3 2 14
ed1475 84 74 32 38 2 4 1 4 11
BydoEmpire 49 69 29 36 1 2 1 3 7
crade 91 66 32 23 3 1 1 1 7
roadrunner 70 65 28 24 1 1 1 1 4
cmart604 63 64 31 29 1 1 1 1 4

Scoreboard After 6 games
1) Cparsley			 95pts
2) Goldenband		   77pts
3) Crade				62pts
4) JacobZu			  60pts
5) ghsqb				33pts
5) cmart604			 33pts
7) INTVDude			 29pts
 Akito(new)		   20pts
9) ed1475			   17pts
10) Zylon			   14pts
11) 1980gamer		   13pts
12) RoadRunner		  11pts
13) BydoEmpire		  1pt
13) Tempest2k(new)	  1pt
13) Austin(new)		 1pt

Edited by cparsley

Yeah, this is much faster than smash!

OK, I have 4 scores.... 2 are pretty good. 1 is not so good but I am happy with it and then those darn arrows! LOL.

I start off okay, but then they stay on the other side of the screen.... Maybe you need two people to keep them coming to your side.

I tried both sides, I think the left may get more action, but I like playing on the right side ( Home team in baseball ) Just always liked it better.

Is it possible to get 105 on football? 15 TD's, 4 seconds each. I think it can happen.

or 100+ on space battle? Though over 60, 1 per second is prob. a good game.

or 50 Subs? 3 shots on screen at a time... I think 45 can happen. No, I am not close to that...

or 40 for the arrows. 1 shot on screen at a time. But I could be way off on this one. I got 18-24 my first 5 tries.

But Like I said.... I don't think I am very good at this part of the game. This was intended for 3 year old's or something like that.

So if I ever grow up, I may get better at this game!

The scoring is rather varied per game, hence why no cumlative total and instead the bonus for top holdings... I've personally done 98 in the football one, so I know that's possible and 105 (which would appear as 05) "should" be doable given optimal conditions.

I think your other score targets are online, with the exception of the sub may be a lil lower in actual play.

This is a great one for the HSC, very little time comittment needed. :thumbsup: I passed on Astrosmash for that reason (plus the embarrassment factor of sucking relative to those scores :D ).

Here we go: Football - 63 ( I actually had a game in which I got 7 points, a touchdown that I scored with 1 second left, I'm not kidding.:sad: )

Space Battle - 64 ( you have to stay on rhythm for this or you can end up missing a bunch of times in a row)

Sub Hunt - 31

AD&D - 29 ( This one can be frustrating while the monsters go to the other side and you just try to pick them off in the middle or at the top)

Not great scores for any of them, but I'm on the board. By the way, it did say in the instruction manual that if you got 200 points combined you were a Sharp Shooter or something like that. Maybe there should be a bonus point for 200 combined (sadly my 187 would not qualify).

Scoreboard After 6 games
1) Cparsley		95pts
2) Goldenband		77pts
3) Crade		62pts
4) JacobZu		60pts
5) ghsqb		33pts
5) cmart604		33pts
7) INTVDude		29pts
 Akito(new)		20pts
9) ed1475		17pts
10) Zylon		14pts
11) 1980gamer		13pts
12) RoadRunner		11pts
13) BydoEmpire		1pt
13) Tempest2k(new)	1pt
13) Austin(new)		1pt

Uh Oh cmart is ahead of me. I better step up my game. :cool:

This is a great one for the HSC, very little time comittment needed. :thumbsup: I passed on Astrosmash for that reason (plus the embarrassment factor of sucking relative to those scores :D ).

Here we go: Football - 63 ( I actually had a game in which I got 7 points, a touchdown that I scored with 1 second left, I'm not kidding.:sad: )

Space Battle - 64 ( you have to stay on rhythm for this or you can end up missing a bunch of times in a row)

Sub Hunt - 31

AD&D - 29 ( This one can be frustrating while the monsters go to the other side and you just try to pick them off in the middle or at the top)

Not great scores for any of them, but I'm on the board. By the way, it did say in the instruction manual that if you got 200 points combined you were a Sharp Shooter or something like that. Maybe there should be a bonus point for 200 combined (sadly my 187 would not qualify).

Any pics? I'd be interested of seeing the Battle one :)

As for football, as long as it hikes before the clock hits 00 it's a playable play, don't like the music sting stop ya from passing :)

Okay,

I think I can beat 3 of these... But I have played a few pretty flawless football games and 98 is the best I can do...

So, Football 98

Space Battle 72

D&D Arrows 30

Sub Hunt 38

Total 238

I'd like to squeeze a 250 total some how. 12 points more. Hmmm 1 TD is +7 points! Maybe +2 in subs, Space battle ?? I have only played a few times,

Arrows has to be the place I can pick up a larger number.

If I see what is possible, it makes it easier to pursue those numbers. Thus my scoring guesses/queries in my first post.

Good luck to all!

post-7434-0-58290800-1311029143_thumb.jpg

post-7434-0-11220200-1311030580_thumb.jpg

post-7434-0-30595300-1311030599_thumb.jpg

post-7434-0-75536000-1311030611_thumb.jpg

Scoreboard After 6 games
1) Cparsley        95pts
2) Goldenband        77pts
3) Crade        62pts
4) JacobZu        60pts
5) ghsqb        33pts
5) cmart604        33pts
7) INTVDude        29pts
 Akito(new)        20pts
9) ed1475        17pts
10) Zylon        14pts
11) 1980gamer        13pts
12) RoadRunner        11pts
13) BydoEmpire        1pt
13) Tempest2k(new)    1pt
13) Austin(new)        1pt

Uh Oh cmart is ahead of me. I better step up my game. :cool:

:D It's never a good sign for anyone behind me given my not so awesome INTV prowess.

Sub Hunt - 31

Any pics? I'd be interested of seeing the Battle one :)

As for football, as long as it hikes before the clock hits 00 it's a playable play, don't like the music sting stop ya from passing :)

I didn't bother with pics as I just played a bunch of games back to back and I didn't think any of my scores were that notable. :D If I beat any of my scores I'll probably take pics of those. I suspect none of them will be that impressive. :)

I REALLY need to get my gaming tv area organized, i dont have my Intellivision hooked up right now. icon_frown.gif

We have been doing some remodeling to the living room and are almost done. icon_smile.gif

Stop making excuses and get your ass in here! Lol! I keep posting my lame ass scores week in week out (except last week), you can do the same! :)

up to 34 on the arrows D&D game. 3rd try today was a lucky one. Had lots of enemies on my side of the board.

Now at a 255 total... That may be it for me on this one. Though I have to say, the football is a fun warm up game any day.

91 and 98 are my normal score now, I guess I will not get 105 on that one.... I have had a couple of pretty flawless games

and still 98 is all I can do... I have come close to 1 more snap.. but it must take 2-3 seconds after a TD for the next snap.

I have seen 2 seconds left after 98 points, but no chance for 105.... I need someone to show me it is possible!

Where is everybody?

post-7434-0-42873000-1311216235_thumb.jpg