IGNORED

Atlanta Retro Computer group

Subby

If you live around Atlanta there is a new retro computer group.

We are called the Atlanta Historical Computing Society. We are a "non-denominational" group. Couple of guys do Sun's, couple Mac's, C64's, me I am into Atari 8bits and their true successor, the Amiga. (ok, no flames, humor) in other words if you like old computers and such drop by!

Right now we meet every fourth Saturday.

You can contact me for more info or join our Yahoo group, AHCS@YahooGroups.com.

Subby

• 4 years later...

If you live around Atlanta there is a new retro computer group.

We are called the Atlanta Historical Computing Society. We are a "non-denominational" group. Couple of guys do Sun's, couple Mac's, C64's, me I am into Atari 8bits and their true successor, the Amiga. (ok, no flames, humor) in other words if you like old computers and such drop by!

Right now we meet every fourth Saturday.

You can contact me for more info or join our Yahoo group, AHCS@YahooGroups.com.

Subby

Is this still alive? The last post was last year and the website has dead links?

http://atlhcs.org/

Thank you.

Yep, we are still very much alive!

Our February meeting is this coming Saturday, the 19th. (Guess I gotta update that AA post too)

And yes, our website is in dire need of TLC. Believe it or not that'll be a topic for Saturday's meeting as we prep for the upcoming Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 4.0.

Thanks,

Brad

Not too bad last year, I had my beige 8-bit display, Randy Kindig had, as far as we know, the largest Atari 8-bit MIDI Maze game. OK, well, we had three going, but it was fun! :)

Wade was there with a Portfolio display, and we had a combined ANTIC and Inverse Atascii podcast (OK, there were other guys there too). And a couple other guys had an Atari or two as part of larger displays.

Randy will be there again this year, and of course me.

If anyone wants to have a table and display something (Atari or otherwise) come on down!

And that's just the VCFSE show, the Atlanta Historical Computing Society meets every third Saturday of the month from 12-5.

We have regular members come from Augusta GA, Auburn AL, Greenville SC.

We have a large presence at the Atlanta Maker Faire, and various other events.

Brad

• Like 2