IGNORED

Jungle Hunt prototype!

Jr. Pac

Nice score! You should go back and check for more. Some protos have loaner labels on top of regular production labels and the blank end labels could have fallen off exposing the production labels, so you should check each one.

Hm... Some of the games there do indeed look like another label was covering it before. :ponder: There is some silver label reminence on the top label on mine, I don't think there are any Atari produced carts with a silver top label.

I'd definitely go back as soon as possible then. Loaner cartridges of that kind typically have a blank "text" style end label as you can see in this picture:

http://www.atariage.com/common/glossary/glossary_labloaner.html

Here is a production text end label for reference

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=521

Thanks for the pics. It's being held again next Saturday and Sundey, but my parents say that I can't get any more games... Maybe for prototypes that's an exception. :D

Just let them know they're worth about 50x what you pay for them there :)

Yep. They know. The finny thing is, the original price was $3, and the man asked if it was a fair price, and I offered 42, and he took it. :D People why don't know anything about Atari...

Nice score! You should go back and check for more. Some protos have loaner labels on top of regular production labels and the blank end labels could have fallen off exposing the production labels, so you should check each one.

Hm... Some of the games there do indeed look like another label was covering it before. :ponder: There is some silver label reminence on the top label on mine, I don't think there are any Atari produced carts with a silver top label.

I'd definitely go back as soon as possible then. Loaner cartridges of that kind typically have a blank "text" style end label as you can see in this picture:

http://www.atariage.com/common/glossary/glossary_labloaner.html

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=521

Thanks for the pics. It's being held again next Saturday and Sundey, but my parents say that I can't get any more games... Maybe for prototypes that's an exception. :D

Just let them know they're worth about 50x what you pay for them there :)

Yep. They know. The finny thing is, the original price was $3, and the man asked if it was a fair price, and I offered 42, and he took it. :D People why don't know anything about Atari...

$3 for a 30 year old game that is missing it's end label?! How about $2? :evil:

Dude, that reminds me of the last time I went to Video Game Trader over in Port Orange. They knew some of their Atari games were rare, and refused my fair-value offer for payment. They just wanted to sell them for a buck a pop. Made me feel really bad about the Orange City store when I bought a loose Steeplechase and Track & Field for a total of two dollars. But it was amazing people that KNEW how rare the games were and still only wanted a dollar a piece.

Dude, that reminds me of the last time I went to Video Game Trader over in Port Orange. They knew some of their Atari games were rare, and refused my fair-value offer for payment. They just wanted to sell them for a buck a pop. Made me feel really bad about the Orange City store when I bought a loose Steeplechase and Track & Field for a total of two dollars. But it was amazing people that KNEW how rare the games were and still only wanted a dollar a piece.

I wouldn't feel too bad, their ignorance is your gain. I feel the same way about people who get suckered in to buying things at "ultra rare!" prices. If you don't take the time to know what you're buying/selling, it's nobody's fault but yours.

• Like 1

I meant $2, not $42. :evil: Can't go wrong with that. My dad kept saying "Those games are so old, no one even plays them except for him (Him as in me). Another booth had games, games galore, and he had some idea of what they were worth, but he had 2 SNES systems that he would only take $30 for, but he didn't know what the SNES 2 was, so he gave it to me for half the normal SNES price is, so I got a SNES 2 for $15. :evil: I don't care was dirty as heck, I CLEAN the hack out of it when I get home!

My dad kept saying "Those games are so old, no one even plays them except for him (Him as in me).

You mean you got into the Atari 2600 on your own? I had presumed it was your dad that got you into it. Its rare for a 10 y.o. to get into a 30+ y.o. system on their own. and especially given the frosty reception you received by some members here inially...

My dad kept saying "Those games are so old, no one even plays them except for him (Him as in me).

You mean you got into the Atari 2600 on your own? I had presumed it was your dad that got you into it. Its rare for a 10 y.o. to get into a 30+ y.o. system on their own. and especially given the frosty reception you received by some members here inially...

It all started one day... When I all the sudden wanted to play Pac-Man... And now, I've branched out to pretty much any retro system.

(Sorry for the double post-the Edit button want away) My dad kept saying that mainly because he wanted eneryone to lower their prices. There was this one lady there who had a box of 20+ NES games for $1 each. Even a SNES Game Genie (When I try to enter a code with it on, the game crashes, maybe there is some trick to it.). :) Don't expect anything to be clean!

http://www.atariage...._labloaner.html

http://www.atariage....wareLabelID=521

Parents just dont understand!