IGNORED

Boxed Adam Computer

the-topdog

I got no clue why, I guess I am just a glutton for punishment. But when I saw a Coleco Adam computer, complete with box and everything but the pack-in games on CraigsList for a killer price, I bought it... again... I gotta be braindead. :ponder: (Hey hey Cebus I know what you are about to say... don't exploit the easy opening :D ) These computers are awesome, but they are the biggest nightmare to ship. The box is like 4 gadzillion inches long, 13.7 trillizillion miles wide, and 47 parsecs high and takes 3 forklifts and 2 shaved llamas to lift. But seriously, it is like in the 42"x24"x10" neighborhood and probably 40ish pounds.

I have no need for yet another one... but I bought it anyway to try to pass on to a fellow AAer.

The computer looks great, and the box is in semi-rough shape. Have not taken it out of the box, so it is untested. I will take pictures tonight.

Asking $65 + $50 shipping. Or $1,250 + Free Shipping... whichever you choose. :D

I got no clue why, I guess I am just a glutton for punishment. But when I saw a Coleco Adam computer, complete with box and everything but the pack-in games on CraigsList for a killer price, I bought it... again... I gotta be braindead. :ponder: (Hey hey Cebus I know what you are about to say... don't exploit the easy opening :D ) These computers are awesome, but they are the biggest nightmare to ship. The box is like 4 gadzillion inches long, 13.7 trillizillion miles wide, and 47 parsecs high and takes 3 forklifts and 2 shaved llamas to lift. But seriously, it is like in the 42"x24"x10" neighborhood and probably 40ish pounds.

I have no need for yet another one... but I bought it anyway to try to pass on to a fellow AAer.

The computer looks great, and the box is in semi-rough shape. Have not taken it out of the box, so it is untested. I will take pictures tonight.

Asking $65 + $50 shipping. Or $1,250 + Free Shipping... whichever you choose. :D

these are awesome if you ditch the printer and get a dedicated power supply...be a lot cheaper to ship if you didn't deal with the printer...something to consider because that is where all the weight is and its useless anyway. Guess it depends on what you want...if you want it to be a retro melvin because its in the box and have to have the printer, don't complain about the shipping...and if you just want a nice system that plays CV games and Adam games, then you don't need the printer and will still have a cool box...you will probably save more on shipping ditching the printer than what you could sell it for if it was still in the shrink wrap lol.

I have one and I love it...use it instead of the regular CV all the time...ditched the printer and it was the best thing i ever did.

• 2 years later...

I remember seeing the HUGE (well it was when I was a kid) boxed Adam computer on the very top shelf behind the checkout counter at Kay-Bee toys when my parents took me in there one night. I wanted it so badly :) Of course there was no way in hell they would buy their 7 year old something so expensive.

BTW: Mega old bumpage. Every once in awhile I get a PM from someone new asking if I still have something I was selling 5 years ago.

Edited by eightbit

I remember seeing the HUGE (well it was when I was a kid) boxed Adam computer on the very top shelf behind the checkout counter at Kay-Bee toys when my parents took me in there one night. I wanted it so badly :) Of course there was no way in hell they would buy their 7 year old something so expensive.

I have an ADAM computer...trust me...it is still HUGE!