IGNORED

Season 7 Round 6 - NES Open Tournament Golf

CGQuarterly

Welcome to round 6 of the 7th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

This week's game is going to be NES Open Tournament Golf

Title: NES Open Tournament Golf

Developer: Nintendo

Publisher: Nintendo

Released: September 1991 (US)

Rules: Select "Stroke Play", then "US Course". Post your total score after playing a complete 18-hole round. Remember, the lower the score, the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alPTQ1VYzEI

Scores so far:

1.  Jibbajaba    75
2.  LarcenTyler  84
3.  bigbee99     85

Current standings:

1.  HatefulGravey             20
2.  SoulBlazer                18
3.  asponge                   17
4.  Austin                    15
5.  bigbee99                  9
6.  roadrunner                8
7.  LarcenTyler               4
8(t).  NightSprinter          3
8(t).  Jibbajaba              3
8(t).  classicgamer_27330     3
8(t).  Sonic R                3
12.  theKLT                   2
13.  dustfilledhobo           1
13.  Algus                    1

Edited by Jibbajaba

I never played this one before today but it looks really good, and it's much better than Golf. I played through once. Lots of bogeys on the front 9. Then by the back 9 I had adjusted to the game with only like 4 bogeys and even 1 Birdie!

I'm not gonna but a pic up yet since I'm not done with this one. Had to break out the EMU for it though.

+13

B

*** Edit by Jibbajaba ***

That makes your score an 85

Edited by Jibbajaba

In case anyone didn't know, you can save your progress and come back to it in this game, so you don't have to play all 18 holes in one shot.

You I noticed that when I OB'd my 1st shot on the 1st hole. Restarted and got to choose continue or new game.

B

Handy information to have. I was wondering about that but thought it was more then likely just a option to help you set your own pace on the shots.

Oh, and I will not be taking you up on your "suck it" challenge, but I'll beat 75 if it means I never get to sleep again! ;) Its on!

Let the sucking commence!

I OWNED! the front 9. Got my 1st chip in. Then I almost chipped Hole 8 for an Eagle too. The Triple Bogey on 16 was from a shot drive that ended up in the water. I've gotta really work on that back 9.

B

Oddly enough the putting works well for me. I drive pretty well too, but the set-up shots are killing me. I'm having a hard time working out distance for certain shots in tighter places. I would be doing alot better if I could work out the scale of this game. I'm getting better, and I'll get there, you just watch.

Oddly enough the putting works well for me. I drive pretty well too, but the set-up shots are killing me. I'm having a hard time working out distance for certain shots in tighter places. I would be doing alot better if I could work out the scale of this game. I'm getting better, and I'll get there, you just watch.

Anything 60yds or less can hurt me. Especially if I'm in the ruff. I can't really gadge how much power to give the thing. When I am out say 140yds in the ruff I just go to a stick about 2 stronger. Also go up a club for hitting into strong winds (6mph+).

B

• 2 weeks later...