IGNORED

joust label question

bukeus

quick question guys, going through my atari games and noticed joust has a "P" on the bottom right of the top label and the main label says 1985 atari rights reserved. What does the P mean? I didnt see it on the scan when i searched the site and it had 1983? everything else is exactly like the r2 version on the scan.

is it a PAL version? that would my guess? of course all my systems are in a box right now...

Edited by bukeus

quick question guys, going through my atari games and noticed joust has a "P" on the bottom right of the top label and the main label says 1985 atari rights reserved. What does the P mean? I didnt see it on the scan when i searched the site and it had 1983? everything else is exactly like the r2 version on the scan.

is it a PAL version? that would my guess? of course all my systems are in a box right now...

The P does mean PAL on Atari end labels but it sounds like the label variation that has the P typo. It means PAL but the cart is actually NTSC. Atari Corp. made typos like that. It is rarer than the 1983 label in the rarity guide. Is Joust in orange or yellow on the main label? Is the end label like glossy plastic? Does the dust cover lock or can you slide it open without using a flat head screw driver? Is the main label silver or gray? Does it look identical in every way to version e in this link? If so test it ,if you're able, and see if the colors are correct and the screen doesn't roll on your NTSC TV. If you're not able to test it then it still is most likely it if everything else checks out and you got it in NTSC land. Here is another link to it.

The P does mean PAL on Atari end labels but it sounds like the label variation that has the P typo. It means PAL but the cart is actually NTSC. Atari Corp. made typos like that. It is rarer than the 1983 label in the rarity guide. Is Joust in orange or yellow on the main label? Is the end label like glossy plastic? Does the dust cover lock or can you slide it open without using a flat head screw driver? Is the main label silver or gray? Does it look identical in every way to version e in this link? If so test it ,if you're able, and see if the colors are correct and the screen doesn't roll on your NTSC TV. If you're not able to test it then it still is most likely it if everything else checks out and you got it in NTSC land. Here is another link to it.

I've got one of these. It's actually Joust too. It has the P, but it is obviously NTSC. No rolling and the colors are fine.