IGNORED

High Score Club 9.19 - Front Line

Ze_ro

Next High Score Club Game  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Would You Like To See Next Week?

• The Earth Dies Screaming (20th Century Fox) [New to HSC]
    • Marine Wars (Konami) [New to HSC]
    • Night Driver (Atari) [New to HSC]
    • Entombed (US Games) [New to HSC]
    • Fire Fighter (Imagic) [New to HSC]
    • Qb (Xype) [New to HSC]

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hey no point stacking going on over heah! Man, that fourth level is rough! How did you manage a 30K+ score without getting to the fourth level? The VC must have had you caught up pretty bad. I guess I'm moving pretty fast. Once I get in speedy (the little tank), I fly and level everything in my path! Hopefully tonight I can get past my goal of beating level four. Really excited to see what's after that.

Hey no point stacking going on over heah! Man, that fourth level is rough! How did you manage a 30K+ score without getting to the fourth level? The VC must have had you caught up pretty bad. I guess I'm moving pretty fast. Once I get in speedy (the little tank), I fly and level everything in my path! Hopefully tonight I can get past my goal of beating level four. Really excited to see what's after that.

I got passed the cactus on level 3, then got hit. :(

Best way (if not gotten to 4th level) balance shooting tanks and procceeding,

I got like 10ks for each level, instead of 3-5ks. Really anything over 17ks by level 3 is taking down "extra" tanks. Which isn't easy in it's own right...

The scoring system in this game stinks, like in Up 'n Down.

Wish it was more like Jungle Hunt rewarding a large increase at the end of the level... not just some small 1 to 4ks bonus points.

• Like 2

Yeah man, 100 points per enemy is annoying. It makes those goals seem so damn far off. Let's see what I can do today! Looks like Night Driver might win the vote. I never really gave that game much thought so it will be cool to try it out finally.

HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! Wow, JUST made my second score milestone. Unfortunately, I ran to get my camera phone and Front Line goes straight into randomly color-changing screen mode after like a minute and wasn't displaying my score anymore. Anyway, I'm sure you guys believe me. Here's the new score!

JEAH!! And I adjusted my strategy slightly based on Jacob's 'kill em all' approach. Here's what to do:

ULTRA COOL SUPER EXPLOSION OF THE HEAD REVISION TIPS OF EXPLOSION

1. Read my original tips!

2. Don't worry about avoiding the bottom-appearing enemies until level 3 or 4. Definitely level 4. It's best in that level to just keep pushing forward. The enemies move and shoot too damn fast and you're too slow. Level 3 is still manageable to get the bottom-appearing enemies, but by 4 forget it in most cases unless you're in Speedy (the small tank).

3. Jacob's approach is VERY useful for score collecting. Any time enemy swarms appear on screen, spend time carefully taking out EVERY enemy you see. After each wave is killed you have a few moments before another is going to appear, and you can progress during those times. This enables you a generally safe run through levels 1 and 2, and somewhat safe but occasionally dangerous run through 3, and an impossible run through 4.

4. If you get to level 4, JUST RUN. Take out upper-appearing enemies and don't even bother with those below. Run for your dear life. I just ALMOST beat level 4, so I don't know what comes after, but if it's like Gorfy says you can rack up serious points afterwards. Just RUN. Find Speedy, and fly!!!

5. Using these tip revisions, you should be coming into level 3 with at least a score of 21000 or so every time.

So I'm in a weird mood today. If I were to have silkscreen shirts made that said on it "I Love Speedy" and had a bit picture of the fast tank in Front Line, who would buy one? Looking at around $12.95 each for a high quality shirt with one color used. Around 4 colors would be $14.95 per shirt.

I got passed the cactus on level 3, then got hit. :(

Best way (if not gotten to 4th level) balance shooting tanks and procceeding,

I got like 10ks for each level, instead of 3-5ks. Really anything over 17ks by level 3 is taking down "extra" tanks. Which isn't easy in it's own right...

The scoring system in this game stinks, like in Up 'n Down.

Wish it was more like Jungle Hunt rewarding a large increase at the end of the level... not just some small 1 to 4ks bonus points.

Yeah, this is a terrible game for the high score challenge because of the terrible scoring system. I feel like I'm cheating if I take my time, lol.

Edited by Frostbite76

Yeah, this is a terrible game for the high score challenge because of the terrible scoring system. I feel like I'm cheating if I take my time, lol.

Games like this need a timer added. When the timer runs out then a life is lost. This way a player must advance the gameplay inorder to score more points.

• Like 1

DON'T BE PANIC, TOYMAILMAN!

YOU ARE ON THE 2nd PLACE ON CURRENT STANDINGS FOR SEASON 9!!

No problemo. However, there are 12 bonus/challenge points available this week. That is actually more than a first place finish for a week. If he can cash in on those then trying to catch up with 6 weeks left is darn hard. :thumbsup:

Games like this need a timer added. When the timer runs out then a life is lost. This way a player must advance the gameplay inorder to score more points.

Agree 100%. UP and Down and Front Line would so much better with a timer. It would make the game a lot more exciting and the scoring fair.

Yeah, totally, and sometimes they hit you and I swear to God at least five of those times the bullet clearly passed me. I think the collision detection is a bit wider than some of the bullet sprites, so I try to keep a little more to the side when I duck in and fire.

Phew, well it seems like a combination of Jacob's kill everything and my keep moving tactic is best. Level four over and over? Damn, that sucks. I'll probably not reach above 40K. Very tough to get that high without point stacking. I don't mind the points on this game so much, I just wish it would have increased with every level or there was a little more involved in it. Like, less points if you're in Speedy as opposed to Big Chubs. I found that on level 4 being daring and not taking the first tank in the mountains is actually a lot easier than trying to use it. Sure, he moves about the same speed as you, but you can navigate the mountains much easier and keep ahead of the tanks appearing behind you. Very minor score increase:

The sticky ojects makes level 3 and 4 very frustrating. In the beginning I'm always sticking to trees while trying to run away. I died because I got stuck to a cactus once, lol.

Oh, I hardly lose in the begining. Only at level 3, but even then I can get passed...

Here's what I do...

TIPS,

At the starting forest, go up the middle most of the time so you can shoot either up/left or up/right at the troopers. If they are in tree... go up to their eye level, stay even with them and shoot into the tree untill it takes.

Don't overwalk! the second you see an enemy soldier, stop moving and fire diagonal/up.

Sometimes a tactic for Tanks AND enemy troops is, when moving...

wiggle the joystick left/right. So, you will be harder to focus on.

(In a big tank don't) normally if you are in a scary spot, it's better

to circle a lot, or move away in a hurry, upward.

When driving a tank in level 3.. try to stay in the middle at the desert zone

and watch out for tanks already shooting diagonal on arrival.

This is usually what does me in.

The tanks are much more difficult for me, then the men are.

Good tips! I also found that the enemy tends to prefer shooting at an angle, and in later levels (3 and 4 specifically), when it's coming from the side it will toss several shots at you. By anticipating it, you can move up or down slightly RIGHT AFTER firing and take them out all the time. This game has a big luck factor in enemy appearance. Sometimes a million Speedies come out later on and you're done, other times Big Chubs comes out and gets stuck in the rocks, enabling you to move further along.