IGNORED

The Atarieviewer looks at Drelbs

MisterKerr

Hey guys! I'm not sure whether I should post this here or the "gaming websites" forum, so please move it if it's not in the right place. Anyway, I've kept a review site for some old Atari 8-bit games for a while now at http://atarireviewer.wordpress.com but recently have decided to branch out into some video reviews, and I'd like some feedback. Is this something you'd like to see more of? The first game I look at: Drelbs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjg9Hx1gA8

• Like 3

Wow, great review! Really enjoyed watching that, cool production with nice humour! Also a fair account of Drelbs, one of my favourites. Looking forward to more of these please :thumbsup:

Only downside was the volume dipped waydown on the gameshots, can you equalise the volume?

Nice work!

We played Drebls in a High Score Club bonus round last year, great game :thumbsup:

Some feedback - first would be nice if you'd used a proper copy with the official title screen text. 2nd the game has great music but you don't feature it. Would be nice if you covered the offical game story too. You could cover game difficulty/options, long term vs quick go appeal and whether a game has an ending (I think Drelbs might?) Agreed re the sound levels of the vid. Looking forward to your next review MisterKerr :thumbsup:

p.s. we're currently playing another Synapse classic "Electrician" in the HSC would be cool if you could give us a plug at some stage ;)

Some feedback - first would be nice if you'd used a proper copy with the official title screen text.

Yeah, I didn't catch that until after I'd uploaded the video. I actually do have a legit copy, but loaded the wrong one when getting gameplay footage.

2nd the game has great music but you don't feature it.

I did mention the title song briefly. Probably could've spent a little more time on it though.

Would be nice if you covered the offical game story too. You could cover game difficulty/options, long term vs quick go appeal and whether a game has an ending (I think Drelbs might?) Agreed re the sound levels of the vid. Looking forward to your next review MisterKerr :thumbsup:

p.s. we're currently playing another Synapse classic "Electrician" in the HSC would be cool if you could give us a plug at some stage ;)

I think it's more fun to review old games without the official story, because that's how I think a lot of gamers approached it back in the day, especially young ones. That way you can make it look a lot crazier. (I guess talking about Trollaboars and Gorgolytes would also sound pretty crazy though. Maybe next time I'll give a mention to the storyline, even if it's after the face-value analysis.) Some good suggestions, though! (Does Drelbs have difficulty options? I didn't think it did.)

• 2 months later...

Your definately personable and have decent humour in the video, it made me smile. I guess that's all good for a video review. Liked the pyschodelic effects and references. Now you just need to review a game I care about.

I wanted to try my hand at writing something in Adobe Flex and thought Drelbs was a good program to start with.

You can play it here: http://www.playsoft.co.uk

I have fond memories of Electrician too if I ever decide to do another.

Will check it out :cool:

Playsoft hmm must be Paul Lay :thumbsup: Let's have a new a8 game ;-)

I wanted to try my hand at writing something in Adobe Flex and thought Drelbs was a good program to start with. You can play it here: http://www.playsoft.co.uk I have fond memories of Electrician too if I ever decide to do another.
Will check it out :cool: Playsoft hmm must be Paul Lay :thumbsup: Let's have a new a8 game ;-)

Yep Paul Lay and very nice indeed...

I wanted to try my hand at writing something in Adobe Flex and thought Drelbs was a good program to start with.

You can play it here: http://www.playsoft.co.uk

I have fond memories of Electrician too if I ever decide to do another.

Will check it out :cool:

Playsoft hmm must be Paul Lay :thumbsup: Let's have a new a8 game ;-)

That would be an interesting thing to try some time. 2009 being the 30th anniversary of the A8 would have been the time to do it... maybe 2019 then, that will give me a bit of time to read up on all the stuff I've forgotten.