IGNORED

Which classic ColecoVision arcade port would you like to see remade?

opcode

Zaxxon: A port of the Adam Zaxxon Super Game but on cartridge

Venture: Only change would be to have the game keep repeating all 3 levels after collecting all the treasure instead of repeating just the 3rd level

Gyruss: a little slower to make it more playable like the Atari 8-bit or C64 version)

Qbert: add eyes to our hero

Gorf: adding a Galaxian screen

Cosmic Avenger: add a parallax starry sky (a few colored pixels here and there would do) - I LOVE classic space shooters with that galaxian/galaga twinkling star background

DKjr: Add the 4th screen (forgot what it's called - the 'Hideout' or something)

------------------------------

Off topic - a nice port of Phoenix or Zookeeper would be treasured!

Venture: Only change would be to have the game keep repeating all 3 levels after collecting all the treasure instead of repeating just the 3rd level

Also, in the arcade game you are able to shoot a hole through the walls in the "Moving Walls" screen.

Yes... and also, there is more BGM in the arcade version, too.

The arcade "Spider Room" theme, on the CV, is used in:

Goblin Room (levels 1, 4 and 7)

Spider Room (levels 2, 5 and 8) (also arcade)

Genie Room (levels 3, 6 and 9)

Arcade "Cyclops Room" theme, on CV, used in:

Skeleton Room (levels 1, 4 and 7)

Dragon Room (levels 2, 5 and 8)

Cyclops Room (levels 3, 6 and 9) (also arcade)

Arcade "Serpent Room" theme, on CV, used in:

Serpent Room (levels 1, 4 and 7) (also arcade)

Troll Room (levels 2, 5 and 8)

Bat Room (levels 3, 6 and 9)

Arcade "Genie Room" theme, on CV, used in:

Two-Head Room (levels 2, 5 and 8)

Demon Room (levels 3, 6 and 9)

On the arcade version each room's BGM is only used once. The treasure collection fanfare, on the CV, is always the one heard in the "Serpent Room" (read: a brief rendition of Rossini's "William Tell Overture" aka "Lone Ranger Theme"). That means the CV version is missing seven pieces of BGM by room (the "Wall Room" in levels 1, 4 and 7 has no BGM, just sounds of wind in relation to the walls moving), and eleven pieces of treasure collection fanfares.

~Ben

• 3 weeks later...

COSMIC AVENGER

and TUTANKHAM

for COSMIC AVENGER, in particular, I was disappointed to see on catalogs and on console boxes the image of a better graphics.

There were rumours, between friends, that the version with better graphics were intended for US market only and I remember a letter in this sense published on an italian videogames magazine.

So, I would like to have COSMIC AVENGER as promised in the catalogs. Only graphics. Gameplay is great as is, may be you can add a new stage ? I don't know the arcade, never seen it.

for COSMIC AVENGER, in particular, I was disappointed to see on catalogs and on console boxes the image of a better graphics.

This is the case for all games shown on the system box and catalog

yes but, because the differences were so small, I don't remember why, some enlarged the rumour that a version existed for the native market only......web didn't existed at the time..

Most of screenshot you see on Catalog and boxes at this time are not "Screen Shot" , they are "Artist view" done by hand.

At this time it was very difficult (almost impossible) to take a picture of a TV Screen with a quality you can print correctly.

The only picture taken by Coleco of a ColecoVision game that is clearly a TV screen is Skiing in the presskit... and we don't have this skiing game at all.

Most of screenshot you see on Catalog and boxes at this time are not "Screen Shot" , they are "Artist view" done by hand.

At this time it was very difficult (almost impossible) to take a picture of a TV Screen with a quality you can print correctly.

The only picture taken by Coleco of a ColecoVision game that is clearly a TV screen is Skiing in the presskit... and we don't have this skiing game at all.

Sorry, but I don't think that Skiing pic was taken from a TV screen. I think it was a mockup, same as Dracula, Mr Turtle, and others.

Sorry, but I don't think that Skiing pic was taken from a TV screen. I think it was a mockup, same as Dracula, Mr Turtle, and others.

Daniel is right

There's 2 different screens shown for Skiing, one is a mockup, while the other is a photo taken in front of a TV screen

• Like 1

Daniel is right

There's 2 different screens shown for Skiing, one is a mockup, while the other is a photo taken in front of a TV screen

Really? I've never seen the other one.

Daniel is right

Oh, I'm sure you did, but just don't remember

The one from the silver catalog is mockup

The one from the Flyer is a picture taken in front of TV

Here's the flyer

http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/collectible/Press%20Kit/colecovision%20press%20kit%20skiing%20full.jpg

Here's the flyer

http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/collectible/Press%20Kit/colecovision%20press%20kit%20skiing%20full.jpg

Ah yes, I see that now. I wonder if it was a single-frame-display prototype or something that actually ran, even in a limited way... :)

Here's the flyer

Ah yes, I see that now. I wonder if it was a single-frame-display prototype or something that actually ran, even in a limited way... :)

I suspect they were developing Skiing until they realized that was too ambicious for 32K

Edited by retroillucid