IGNORED

Video Game History exhibit at OMSI

OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry has an exhibit going on the history of video games:

<<Click Here>>

any locals want to plan an AtariAge meetup to check it out?

Museum admission is $12 or $9 for youth and they usually have more to look at than you can shake a stick at, unless you go there a lot.

Edited by Chuck D. Head

I've been. It's pretty decent, however LOTS of hardware (which is almost all playable, a plus) was broken. I would say 40% of what I tried was faulty in some way. A shame, because they have some really awesome displays. Most notable are:

Lots of Parappa the Rapper merch, US, UK, Japan all represented

Freeplay Arcade - DK, Missile Command, Galaga, the usual suspects, Vectorbeam's SPACE WAR

Playable Famicom 3D Glasses, Neo Geo AES, Jaguar, Japanese Turbografx-16 and Dreamcast games

10 Player Saturn Bomberman - this was awesome to have 9 other people to play with for once

Computer Space, the one player and two player models on display (no touching!). The two player model was turned on :)

Original Miyamoto 'Jumpman' sketches

+tons more

I had fun, well worth a day and $12. Anyone from the Portland/Metro area should check this out.

Commenting on the comment that things are broken ....

On top of the age of the displays, exhibits of his type are moved around quite a bit. They are jostled while in the exhibits, and in the vehicles during transport, lets not talk about what the visitors subject them to. All in all, a pretty rough life.

Rick Weis and I each live in Vancouver (just north of Portland) and went there on Saturday. I thought it was really cool. I did not see any Intellivision, ColecoVision, Odyssey2, or any more obscure pre-crash systems, but there were several 2600 displays that were playable. There were also arcades, pinballs, and consoles through the most recent generation.