IGNORED

THE VOID

ozma wars

I read and see today some videos on youtube about THE VOID for Colecovision, a game released 2010.

I never heard of it before.

1.where to buy ?

2.which the opinion of the cartridge owners ?

3.which the opinion of the various homebrewers here about this product ?

Many thanks for connections and comments.

Max

thanks you all for yr. comments. It seems a very bad game and the team bad reputation...anyway 45 USD for a bad game more ... not the moment to spend money for nothing.

Is Atari2600.com a "competitor" to AtariAge ? I never met that website name here :D

-B

L00ks like a crap game to me

I got it, and to be honest it aint much fun.

Unfortunately, any more of those and Atari2600.com is going to get a bad rep on their home brew releases. Watch the NERDS 2600 video - it's pretty scary!

rmaerz, you have my attention. what's this?

Someone here on AA wrote a blog entry on NERDS with game play video and I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows where it is please post a link.

Edited by rmaerz

I hate to say this, but "The Void" is null and void of any play value. While I appreciate the effort that was put into the game by the programmers and everyone else involved in the packaging... I can't recommend paying $45 for the game if your plan is to have fun playing it. On the other hand, if you are a collector of all things CV , then of course, a purchase is a no-brainer!

I hope this thread does not discourage the programmers or Atari2600.com from looking into producing other games for the CV, but what I hope it does is inspire them to make a better game for us all to enjoy.

BTW, Atari2600.com is a GREAT place to purchase things and their prices are VERY REASONABLE. I have bought a large number of items from them and always have been extremely happy with the condition of the items, their fast shipping and tremendous customer service. They are a top-flight company/website to deal with and I highly recommend them.

BTW, Atari2600.com is a GREAT place to purchase things

Yeah, when I said "bad rep" I meant from the home brews that they are putting their names on.

Aside from that, I've bought carts, controllers, magazines, posters, trading cards and other stuff from them trouble free.

BTW, Atari2600.com is a GREAT place to purchase things

Yeah, when I said "bad rep" I meant from the home brews that they are putting their names on.

Aside from that, I've bought carts, controllers, magazines, posters, trading cards and other stuff from them trouble free.

No need to explain yourself further, I understood completely as I hope everyone that read the post does.

On second thought, the way posts are misread/misunderstood sometimes, this last post was probably a good idea. :roll:

again, thanks you all for info supplied.

the game is still available, Atari2600.com inform, but have not replied to the question if the carts are those originally produced in 100 copies or if a new (numbered?) lot was produced.

I will resist the abstinence of new colecovision games and will try to reserve those 45 USD for new and better games from our favourite homebrewers...

• 2 weeks later...

Just for info: The one I got today (for collection only;) is #65/100.

pls let me have yr. opinion on the game.

It has to be terrible if sold only 64 carts in 2 years and none of AA here hnew of its existence.

I wrote them again asking for a discount they have refused.

Just for info: The one I got today (for collection only;) is #65/100.

pls let me have yr. opinion on the game.

It has to be terrible if sold only 64 carts in 2 years and none of AA here hnew of its existence.

I wrote them again asking for a discount they have refused.

I got mine late last year (want to say December) and the number was #63/100. So either they are randomly picked/sent out from ready made complete packages or the game's sales have crawled to a snail's pace. I did see the screenshots, video and write-ups on it before ordering so I kinda knew what to expect... it sure looks good in the collection, however.

The Void was unveiled and originally sold at one of the Videogaming Shows (was it CGE???) and was widely discussed upon news of it's availability. There was even a video done and posted with the owner of Atari2600.com, the two programmers and the graphics artist responsible for the box, etc. So there was pretty good coverage of the game when it was released.

I hate to say this, but "The Void" is null and void of any play value. While I appreciate the effort that was put into the game by the programmers and everyone else involved in the packaging... I can't recommend paying $45 for the game if your plan is to have fun playing it. On the other hand, if you are a collector of all things CV , then of course, a purchase is a no-brainer!

Agreed.

However, I'd like to add that the game isn't bad when compared in context to other games in the CV library. The problem here is that in this day and age, we come to expect something more from homebrews. With the new dev tools, vast gaming experience of the deveopers these days, I think folks are expecting to see something a bit different and even original. The Void is nothing exciting or new. We've seen it all before. I also think we are abit jaded by comparing the works from Eduardo.. who has raised the bar adn set new expectations.

Want an outstanding shump for the CV. Get GulKave.

-GrizzLee

• 4 weeks later...

finally received my copy.

No. 72 of 100.

Collision detection very bad

A mistery how the game continue.. I stopped playing it.

game very ... annoying.

Box vote 5

manual (manual ? ) vote 2

saving money for Opcode/TeamPixelboy/Collectorvision games.

just for collectors.