IGNORED

Got my Heavy Sixer!

boxpressed

Looks like a great start to me. :)

Thanks! In anticipation of its arrival, I picked up a couple of others things today:

Starplex Controller (I remember seeing these advertised back in the day in my video gaming magazines -- always wanted one!)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1905528454121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190552845412&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Four Sealed 2600 Games (A little ambivalent about this one because of the international shipping -- I should have read up some more on these South American 2600 games. Probably PAL, no? Still seems like a decent deal, even with the expedited shipping.)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508579196421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250857919642&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$20 for the lot of 4 though? :rolling:

...and I agree they're more than likely NTSC. Nice score! Pete Rose is pretty good fun, Gravitar rocks, Motorodeo is okay and Ikari Warriors is more of a curiosity piece than anything else IMO. Amazing what these games have been devalued to thanks to the stashes way down south that have surfaced.

The console arrived yesterday. After sending back a couple of Astrocades, it's nice to have something work as described. Only one of the six joysticks is an original CX-40, and neither the driving controls or paddles is original heavy sixer issue. Still a thrill to have an original heavy sixer after so many years:

p1010366h.jpg

p1010368p.jpg

I also took a chance on this auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1207519901281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120751990128&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A $30 gamble. If the console isn't working, I may be able to use it for parts. Looks really dirty but comes with the original power supply and heavy sixer paddles that the first auction was missing.

Snagged these too: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208179034821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220817903482&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Couldn't resist since they weren't coming from Venezuela.

• Like 1

The console arrived yesterday. After sending back a couple of Astrocades, it's nice to have something work as described. Only one of the six joysticks is an original CX-40, and neither the driving controls or paddles is original heavy sixer issue.

There were never any "original" driving controllers, as in ones that came packaged with the Heavy like the tennis paddles. There was only an Atari version and a Sears version.

It's very difficult to get a good set of CX10s with a Heavy, unless you pay a lot of money. I got lucky getting a cherry pair (except for the metal cap) in an auction. I don't think the seller knew what he had. Since, I've been lucky enough to get original paddles in random auctions to fill out my collection. So don't fret, they'll eventually come to you.

The console arrived yesterday. After sending back a couple of Astrocades, it's nice to have something work as described. Only one of the six joysticks is an original CX-40, and neither the driving controls or paddles is original heavy sixer issue. Still a thrill to have an original heavy sixer after so many years:

p1010366h.jpg

p1010368p.jpg

I also took a chance on this auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1207519901281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120751990128&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A $30 gamble. If the console isn't working, I may be able to use it for parts. Looks really dirty but comes with the original power supply and heavy sixer paddles that the first auction was missing.

Snagged these too: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208179034821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220817903482&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Couldn't resist since they weren't coming from Venezuela.

That auction ended? I wanted to snipe it at the last second! :( Oh well. Great finds/price!

There were never any "original" driving controllers, as in ones that came packaged with the Heavy like the tennis paddles. There was only an Atari version and a Sears version.

It's very difficult to get a good set of CX10s with a Heavy, unless you pay a lot of money. I got lucky getting a cherry pair (except for the metal cap) in an auction. I don't think the seller knew what he had. Since, I've been lucky enough to get original paddles in random auctions to fill out my collection. So don't fret, they'll eventually come to you.

Right - I meant the original-issue driving controllers that came with the Indy 500 game. The CX10 is not perfect and will stay "stuck" on the left side on occasion. Not sure if that's easily fixable.

That auction ended? I wanted to snipe it at the last second! :( Oh well. Great finds/price!

Not sure whether you mean the console or games auction, but I'm pretty sure I sniped one of them. ;)

The console arrived today. Couldn't get it to output a video signal until I realized that this was a channel 4 model. Now it works great. Original paddles are jitter-free, and I love the original gray AC adapter. The unit is as dirty as I thought it would be, but the case looks to be in good shape otherwise, minus the orange trim, which is almost all gone.

This must be a later model because later "fat" carts fit into the slot whereas they don't even come close to fitting in my other HS.

Right - I meant the original-issue driving controllers that came with the Indy 500 game. The CX10 is not perfect and will stay "stuck" on the left side on occasion. Not sure if that's easily fixable.

I'm not sure if you don't have your paddles confused. The driving controller (CX20) has the full 360 degree movement, and works with Indy 500. It is the one that only came in Atari and Sears. But no "original H6" model. The tennis paddles (CX30) that you play breakout with has limited motion in both directions.

As far as your controller getting "stuck" on the left ... Each game uses voltage values from the controller to determine its location. If the range the game looks for is 1v to 4 v, but the controller is sending 0v to 5v, then the paddle may appear to get "stuck" when it goes outside the 1v-4v range.

I'm not sure if you don't have your paddles confused. The driving controller (CX20) has the full 360 degree movement, and works with Indy 500. It is the one that only came in Atari and Sears. But no "original H6" model. The tennis paddles (CX30) that you play breakout with has limited motion in both directions.

As far as your controller getting "stuck" on the left ... Each game uses voltage values from the controller to determine its location. If the range the game looks for is 1v to 4 v, but the controller is sending 0v to 5v, then the paddle may appear to get "stuck" when it goes outside the 1v-4v range.

Sorry for the confusion - I need to be more precise. Yes, I meant to say that the paddles with the Atari logo (instead of the word "paddle") were included with the H6 and that the full-range driving controller (with the Atari logo instead of the word "driving") was included with Indy 500. Between the two auctions, I now have one CX10 and one pair of Atari-logo CX30 paddles when it comes to H6 issue controllers.

Interesting about the controller voltage. Does this mean that the CX10 isn't as "compatible" with some games or that the joystick is malfunctioning? I was playing it with Atlantis and Pitfall.

Edited by boxpressed

Not sure whether you mean the console or games auction, but I'm pretty sure I sniped one of them. ;)

The console arrived today. Couldn't get it to output a video signal until I realized that this was a channel 4 model. Now it works great. Original paddles are jitter-free, and I love the original gray AC adapter. The unit is as dirty as I thought it would be, but the case looks to be in good shape otherwise, minus the orange trim, which is almost all gone.

This must be a later model because later "fat" carts fit into the slot whereas they don't even come close to fitting in my other HS.

I meant the system. I was away at camp when it ended. If you ever want to sell it, I'll take it! ;)