IGNORED

Compact 5200 System

wt808

• 2 weeks later...

I second that. It sure would be nice to be able to get a good alternative 5200 controller for a reasonable price. Oh well one can dream.

I think a perfect 5200 controller would be one that used the Jaguar Pro Controller as a starting point - wired up like a 5200 controller - and then substituting the DPad for an analog thumbstick from either a PS3 or Xbox 360 Controller.

"Reasonable price" would be a sticking point.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Once again, sooo late to the party. But I would love to have the mini that uses original controllers. Part of the nostalgia for me is holding that big ol' controller. Now that I have controllers refurbished (in addition to the new one by Maker Matrix) it sure would be nice to have the mini console side-by-side with my mini 2600, mini NES, and raspberry pi MAME.

How about redesigning it with an onboard SD or micro SD card slot so we can all use the same ROMs that work with the Atarimax SD multicart so we can constantly build our libraries as opposed to having to deal with a USB flash unit that only has 128 games in her, my SD has almost 300 games on her as of this post and more being added every week thanks to all of the great community members of this forum (and others as well). That and an HDMI jack and a 4-port BIOS and I'll be hitting the OP up with a PM and ask for his PayPal address. between him and @edladdin this could certainly lead to an even better future for the once-maligned Big Sexy and her awesome (and ever-growing) lineup of titles!!! 

• 1 month later...

bump. I have already PM'ed @wt808 letting him know I'm serious about getting one done for me, but, with a 4-port BIOS onboard, much like my current 2-port Big Sexy has on her, as well as letting him know I already have my Atarimax SD multicart ready to use on her provided he can do this, he could be just like @edladdin only for flash units, we can't count on AtGames to come up with one, so this is THE way to go.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, phuzaxeman said:

Highly doubt this goes for sale.  

You're such a negative Nancy. His last post in this thread was only 8 years ago and it has only been 2 years since his last post on Atariage. I'm sure he's stockpiled a load of these to sell to all the eager beavers by now. Keep the faith!

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, john_q_atari said:

You're such a negative Nancy. His last post in this thread was only 8 years ago and it has only been 2 years since his last post on Atariage. I'm sure he's stockpiled a load of these to sell to all the eager beavers by now. Keep the faith!

Lol Negative Nancy?  I've only been following this thread since 2011.  I believe the person, who I forgot already, isn't even a fan of the 5200.  Let's be real, while a cool idea, this isn't going to be complete.  And if it does, then it will be just 1 unit.  It was a fun topic while it lasted. Maybe I should have faith ?

Edited by phuzaxeman