IGNORED

Moon Cresta 7800

PacManPlus

LOL - I thought he was saying it would be overkill to make another shooter for the 7800. I was saying to myself that the 7800 doesn't really have *that* many space shooter games, does it? :)

Thanks guys. Eduardo's Moon Cresta will be identical to the arcade so I see no reason to continue with this one and duplicate efforts when I can be working on another project.

Thanks, guys for the support and kind words.

Bob

Ain't got a Coleco, don't want a Coleco.

Do have a 7800. Do want 7800 games.

:)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 8 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Moon Cresta on tomorrow's (Tue Aug 10, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

Games:

(SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Moon Cresta on tomorrow's (Tue Aug 10, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

Games:

537329933_20210810-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.8a48c72c10ce3db2325bc75e1b051905.jpg

I hope you give it some love! Bob's port is pure excellence. It's still one of my favourite games on the 7800.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Everything Bob touches turns to gold, he's an incredible developer. ? Can't wait to play Moon Cresta!

- James

Wow - thank you so much!  Your words are too kind. I keep seeing these amazing games that people are doing and I think to myself (God, I wish I could do that!)

Thanks, guys :youallareawesome:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

Wow - thank you so much!  Your words are too kind. I keep seeing these amazing games that people are doing and I think to myself (God, I wish I could do that!)

Thanks, guys :youallareawesome:

Bob, your games inspired me to track down all of what you have made.   Simply some of the best games on the console.   Thank you for all of what you have provided the community over the years.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

...so I just finished watching the video posted.

I never even looked at the date, being that ZPH usually does these things on Friday, I incorrectly assumed that the show was Friday, not Tuesday. :(

Thanks for the compliments, guys!  I know that game is difficult, but I wanted to get it as close to the arcade as I could.

Anyway, thanks again! :)

Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

...I know that game is difficult, but I wanted to get it as close to the arcade as I could...

:thumbsup:

And you nailed it, Bob. 

Even the most seasoned shooter players can become humbled by Moon Cresta quite quickly.  The Arcade original is very challenging, and your port is a mirror image. 

Thankfully, there is an EASY setting.. which is easier than the Arcade original, though still a decent challenge.   

Anyone good enough to tackle HARD respectfully, though?  I don't last very long with that setting.. lol.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Trebor said:

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

...I know that game is difficult, but I wanted to get it as close to the arcade as I could...

:thumbsup:

And you nailed it, Bob.

Sure did!  That’s what I love about Bob’s ports, they are as close to the arcade as possible. The coin-op used to take my quarters, but I still loved playing it and this port takes me back to those days.

Played a few games earlier tonight. My best score was just over 18k on EASY. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1