IGNORED

High Score Club 9.20 - Variety Pack 6

Ze_ro

Usually I have to make the avoidance maneuver right at the start of the game, but then I can settle in for some target shootin'.

Yeah, that's what's happening to me. Right at the start of the game, BAM!, I lose a bunch of fuel and a torpedo launcher. I better start paying attention to those arrows.

Slightly better score on Night Driver. I only crashed once, but I went super slow on those S turns:

post-2105-0-51413800-1312087597_thumb.jpg

How bout an extra score before quittin tonight! ;)

spikes peak

5 complete run throughs, at the end of your 2nd or 3rd run, you get 1 free life!

:cool:

Arrgggggh!!!! Phew, we'll see what I can do. Busy week coming up here before a quick vacation the following week. You get a free one every 100K as far as I remember. Or maybe it's just a one-time tease.

Ohhhhh Jaccooooobbbb... I figured I'd take your score and DOUBLE IT. Man, I'm crushing Spike's Peak now. There's some strategy and timing you need to get perfect for a score as beast as what I have below. Got the hang of Night Driver and Submarine Commander too. Need to wait until tomorrow to increase my Crypts score. That's a real big sit-down type of game and I need to get up earlier.

Spike's Peak: 377,100

Night Driver: 73

Crypts of Chaos: 3,843

Submarine Commander: 2,035

post-22322-0-30505200-1312171419_thumb.jpg

post-22322-0-14987900-1312171426_thumb.jpg

post-22322-0-13585600-1312171468_thumb.jpg

I have Sneak and Peek. I thought it would be a cool hide and seek game, but it turned out to be really lame.

I am now in the Night Driver 70 club! :D I still slow down at the S turns, but I'm able to inch my way through 2-3 frames and then speed up again. I crashed one time right at the end.

Night Driver: 70

post-2105-0-93182600-1312202047_thumb.jpg

And I'm doing much better on Sub Commander now that I know how to avoid that first disastrous explosion. I really like this game. I'm staying in one spot but I'm thinking about experimenting with moving around more now that I have a 2K score.

Submarine Commander: 2145

post-2105-0-36726400-1312202176_thumb.jpg

Now on to the other two games.

Too much wine to play well last night, so I hopped on first thing this morning and finally got into the 2K club on Submarine Commander where all the cool kids are:

post-29468-0-14913500-1312211215_thumb.jpg

Having a rough hardware week, though... possibly a gremlin infestation...

The wiring on a joystick went bad, and I had to transfer pieces with another broken joystick to get one working, one of my paddle sets seems close to going now, and the left controller port on my VCS is on the fritz [not sure who in the area can re-solder it] so I'm playing through my 7800 now, which has not been modded and thus everything is pretty muddy looking on my big screen now :( Thankfully none of these games have tiny fast moving things to track [ala DK Jr] so I should be okay to play.

Also, Stan, you're making me nervous! These last weeks you've been groovin' hard and catching up on the overall rankings.

Also, Stan, you're making me nervous! These last weeks you've been groovin' hard and catching up on the overall rankings.

Hahhaaha. What can I say, I love playing games. My Spike's score, which I might try to increase, should give me some good points this time around.

Stan how many runs did you complete on this thing??

Phew, honestly I can't remember. I pretty much zoned out, went into what we'll just call "Spike's Peak Mode" and kept going until I lost all my lives. I mean, judging by my average score, I'd say I must have went through the game almost perfectly at least 10 times.

• Like 1

night driver

80 80's club... :cool:

crypts of chaos

I found maps of the 4 floor layouts of the crypts... done by SEAGTGRUFF.

It helped me with maze B and D... and got me an extra 2ks. I've already memorized

maze A and most of B myself. Still didn't make it out of the crypts though, a wizard

kicked my a**

Maze A is very easy to learn because the treasure rooms are to left then right

the whole way down, then the downstairs.

Crypts by SeaGtgruff

post-3059-0-63518700-1312289850_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-19782200-1312290354_thumb.jpg

• Like 1