IGNORED

High Score Club 9.20 - Variety Pack 6

Ze_ro

Great score in Spike's Jacbo. Awesome. I'll see if I can beat it today! I have to say too that I previously hated Crypts of Chaos, but now that I took the time to figure it out I really enjoy it. It has its problems, but it's really not that bad of a game. I think if they made the halls a little more clear in their design it would have been a little better, but overall I think it's actually pretty cool.

• Like 1

How can Commodore paddles help get a higher score on Night Driver. I must know! I'm really liking Crypts of Chaos now, like I think I fell in love with it. The graphics are atrocious, but the interface is cool and it really has an old D & D feel to it in certain ways. Pretty hard too, even with mapping I usually end up dying on the first level because of the monsters. Anyway, here are my current scores. I took a picture of Spike's if anyone cares.

Spike's Peak: 110,900

Night Driver: 54

Crypts of Chaos: 1,656

Jacob, great score on Spike's Peak! Does it take a long time to rack up that kind of score?

Ummm, did you see my new one up there? HAHHAAHAHAH! I love that crappy game. You're looking at about three runs through Spike's Peak to break 100K. Thankfully it doesn't get any harder, but the somewhat random deaths on the second level are annoying.

@ Deteacher, Welcome back!!

@ Jacob, great score on Spike's Peak! Does it take a long time to rack up that kind of score?

Welcome back in it, Deteacher.

and Thanks Gorfy! :) It takes 3 runs like Stan said, I lost at the very top of the ICE/SNOW level (2) seconds from victory, an avalanche pushed me right onto the snow creature walking around!! :x

I'm good at games with bad control, like Tutankham, Shark Attack now Spikes Peak lol. ;)

Score Improvements!

Night Driver

77!

Submarine Commander

post-3059-0-53877400-1311872400_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-82844600-1311872483_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jacob, great score on Spike's Peak! Does it take a long time to rack up that kind of score?

Ummm, did you see my new one up there? HAHHAAHAHAH! I love that crappy game. You're looking at about three runs through Spike's Peak to break 100K. Thankfully it doesn't get any harder, but the somewhat random deaths on the second level are annoying.

Sorry, Stan. I missed your update somehow. Congratulations on your 110K Spike's score!

As for myself, I'm starting to figure this game out. I have level 1 down pretty well. Level 2 seems to be hit or miss --- sometimes I can get thru it, other times I keep getting blasted by that dancing egg-shaped thing. Level 3 seems impossible thus far -- best I've done is make it about 3/4ths the way up the screen, but most times I don't even get half way up! I am enjoying this game, now that I have a bit of a handle on it. Crypts of Chaos is the one I dread, so I'll probably save it for last.

Haven't tried Sub Commander yet. If its like SubScan then I'll probably enjoy it.

Ok. Spend a little timw with all four games:

Sub Commander Game 5 A: 1285 Good Game I like this one. Using the radar helps.

Night Driver Game 2 A/B: 53 Like this game too but I have trouble on the s curves. Nice an short game play.

Spikes Peak: 14450 I cannot figure out level 2. What, just climb straight up? Help here for L 2-3. This game stinks so far.

Crypes of Chaos: 2413 enjoying this game found my level 1 map a kid. I must have given up after that. I will need to re-do that map and create others if I have the time.

Vocelli:

post-28484-0-14898100-1311884098_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-25776400-1311884107_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-33307800-1311884117_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-65085500-1311884132_thumb.jpg

How can Commodore paddles help get a higher score on Night Driver. I must know! I'm really liking Crypts of Chaos now, like I think I fell in love with it. The graphics are atrocious, but the interface is cool and it really has an old D & D feel to it in certain ways. Pretty hard too, even with mapping I usually end up dying on the first level because of the monsters. Anyway, here are my current scores. I took a picture of Spike's if anyone cares.

Spike's Peak: 110,900

Night Driver: 54

Crypts of Chaos: 1,656

Commodore paddles have a shorter throw than Atari ones. Very helpful on the sharp turns of Game 2. ;)

• Like 1

Spikes Peak: 14450 I cannot figure out level 2. What, just climb straight up? Help here for L 2-3. This game stinks so far.

In level 2, your best bet is to line up with the two gold nuggets straight up in a row on the left side of the screen. Get in line, and just hold up. You'll need to learn to tweak it depending on your position and the attack pattern of the rock, but generally if you just hold up you'll make it, most of the time...

Level 3 is hard, best thing to do is grab the stick and climb straight up. Any time the ice hits you hold up and the button, you'll stick it in the ground and won't move once you hit a road. If the snowman is close, face his direction and push the button, you'll kill him with the stick. Be careful, though, because if you get hit by ice it will be hard to get it back. There's a lot of luck in this level, unfortunately.

• Like 1