analmux

What happened to Raster?

Hello guys

I just received an email from Fandal. Raster was in a train accident today and died. That's all Fandal knew at the moment.

:_(

Mathy

A real pity.

Raster was one of the constantly enthusiastic Atarian on the scene. Really, he left this world very young, and will be a great loss for us. What a shame.

Rest in peace friend.

I'm really shocked to learn about this today. This is sad sad news, Rest in peace Raster.

Too bad, that Atarians like Raster died so young... :( Rest in peace, Raster... We will remember You!

Not only his riends will always remember him but all Atarians too.

Program something for us in Heaven...

• Like 2

I feel sad.

Will Fandal attend the funeral?

Maybe we could donate a wreath, to show that Atari enthusiasts all over the world will miss his support.

Fandal?

• Like 4

Didn't know him, but truly sad news. :(

My prayers to all saddened by this.

I don't know what to say..........I use his software daily.....I hope his website will be preserved.

This is a very sad moment.

I didn't know him either, but I'm saddened to see this.

I know I've seen his name around, and I'm thinking he's made hardware, games, demos, done some cool hacks, or something. Will someone please post a little about what he did on the Atari scene? I gather he was pretty good. Sad, this is.

I didn't know him either, but I'm saddened to see this.

I know I've seen his name around, and I'm thinking he's made hardware, games, demos, done some cool hacks, or something. Will someone please post a little about what he did on the Atari scene? I gather he was pretty good. Sad, this is.

Check out his site, here:

Here is his English language website. Hopefully someone will mirror it in case it goes offline.

Very sad to hear of Raster's death. I knew him mainly from his work on the MultiJoy interface (he gave me some assistance in building one of my own), but of course he made many other contributions to the Atari 8-bit computers. My limited interactions with him gave me the impression that he was brilliant, talented, and always willing to help other classic computing enthusiasts.

Damn - that is terrible news. My condolences to his family. He was only 2 years older than I :(

Thanks for the links to his site. Wow, he was quite a fellow! What a loss (to humanity), and a loss to the Atari community.

It looks like he (and perhaps another) created the Sdrive!!!?? I had no idea! Such genius, this is perhaps my favorite A8 device!

:(

That's very sad news, his contributions greatly enlivened the 8 bit scene. Condolences to his friends and family.

Regards,

Simon