IGNORED

What happened to Raster?

analmux

Tonight I was preparing my stuff for the Fujiama party. When I was there last year I met Raster personally after all the years of admiring and using his tools, games, demos and hardware. He always had the strangest and funniest ideas what to do and how to do it on the Atari. We all competed in his multijoy game Cervi. He won - of course :-)

I was hoping to see him again next week. Now I'm deeply sad and to be honest don't know how to handle it.

I met him on the 30th of July, and that's also the day when I lost him.

4901671411_cd5a99ed08_b.jpg

E945E50C57.jpg

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 1

From fandal's site, Aug 2010.

"The revolution has begun! After more than a year of working with Raster, we finally succeeded in the eight-bit Atari port of the Phamphrlon (Famfrlon) programming language!"

I guess geniuses always have something more to give.

What a tragic event. The Atari world has suffered a great loss. He made many significant contributions... just last night I was pouring over the information on his SDrive page. He will surely be missed and well remembered in the Atari community.

Condolences and prayers to his family, Fandal, and all those who were close to him.

I am very sad. Rest in peace, Raster.

I ask myself, why is destiny so cruel sometimes. Why good people have to die, when it seems it will not happen, but it happens. Anyway, I sometimes believe in heaven and I also believe in reunion with people who I know and care about.

Great loss for his family, for us, for Atari scene...

Dreadful news, this. I didn't appreciate just how prolific Raster was until now, but it's clear that his work permeated many aspects of the Atari world. He also evidently had those most valuable of things: a good character and a fine reputation.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Why must the good die young...

I never knew him personally but I used his works many times over..RIP young man..

I use the following as a sig for my mother but it applies to all..

"They are never gone as long as you remember them..."

Now I would like to send condolences to the family and other people who were very close to him.

I had the luck to meet several times with him in Czech when I was there to visit some meetings, and I remember him as a nice, friendly, kind person and a truly gifted programmer. He was one of those who was born with an Atari heart.

I never will forget him......

I'm shocked...

Raster was one of the most talented guy in our scene - he did almost everthing... He was very good coder, good graphican and one of the best musican on Atari scene.

He composed so much outstanding tunes - "Time to turn", "No Promises", "L45T M1NUT3", "I'm sure", "Id Doesn't Matter", "Shademorph" (tune from 1k Intro)

He put a lot of heart in our scene... Great loss..

Rest in Peace Raster. I will remember You forever...

Edited by pr0be