IGNORED

Bought this 5200 lot on Ebay tonight

SRGilbert

Even though I already own a 4-port and a 2-port, I couldn't pass up this lot. Why? Because it means I FINALLY own a Wico Keypad, that's why!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1405847098491?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140584709849&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's a pretty nice lot overall, and worth the $148 shipped he was asking I thought. :)

I'm surprised it was still there, looks like he's had it up for a while.

Plus the awesome thing is that I can use the Keypad with Prodos' Sega Genesis adapter that I have! Couple that with my Battlestation II controller and it will be 5200 heaven! :D I might have to go all the way and buy another adapter to play 2-stick

Robotron!

(Yeah, I know I can't spell surprise!)

post-12780-0-17939900-1312163840_thumb.jpg

Edited by SRGilbert
  • Like 1

Yes nice haul. But 148 is a little high in my opinion. Not sure how rare the keypad is. But 148 is a lot.

You think that's a high price....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3206691839781?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320669183978&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Ya but that is with box and a ton of stuff. The 148 used and not much stuff except the keypad worth it. The games are boxed in the 148 lot but not sealed or mint.

Bear in mind though, the price is high, but to ship that thing costs a ton. The unit itself and power supply are REALLY heavy by themselves. I'd say on the conservative side shipping will cost around $25-$30 bucks. Taking that into account it's not such a bad deal.

• Like 1

Wow guys, way to piss in my Cheerios. The reason I bought the lot was for the Wico keypad yes. It also has a number of manuals and overlays that I can use. When all is said and done, I expect I'll clean up the controllers, throw in any doubles of the games and sell everything else on CL and recoup some of the cost at least. These hardly ever show up, so when I saw it, I thought why not.

Would a 2600 keypad controller work with 5200 fine via the Wico "Y" cable? If so, then no need for the Wico keypad controller....

They can be hacked to work I've read, but not with the Wico cable. In fact, the Wico keypad doesn't require the Y-cable at all. I plan on using the keypad with one of Prodos' adapters that will allow me to plug a Sega controller into the keypad so I will never have to use an Atari controller again if I don't want to!

I didn't mean for my statement to upset you. I was just helping you out with a cheaper alternative if you don't like those controllers then that's fine. I hope the Wico keypad works well for you. :) I could of sworn you could get those Wico Keypads at best electronics :ponder:

Wow guys, way to piss in my Cheerios. The reason I bought the lot was for the Wico keypad yes. It also has a number of manuals and overlays that I can use. When all is said and done, I expect I'll clean up the controllers, throw in any doubles of the games and sell everything else on CL and recoup some of the cost at least. These hardly ever show up, so when I saw it, I thought why not.

Don't take it personally. $148 just seems like a lot to get a Wico keypad. Ultimately, if you are happy, then all is good.

I am curious: Does that Wico joystick work fine? I have two that have bad pots and they are expensive to replace.

Where can you get replacement pots? I have a few of these that are bad too and I'd like to repair them.