IGNORED

E-Jagfest 2011 - Calling all retro loving Brits!

Gaztee

Just thought I'd throw this out there now, before the actual date is announced. After a succesful couple of road trips to the continent, we thought that we would see if there is any interest in a cheap trip to the excellent e-Jagfest. The idea is to see if we can get a minibus full of brits to the show to keep costs down & available beer money up! Probable Brits (date dependant) are myself (Gaztee - chauffeur extrodinare apparently :D ), Linkovitch, Sh3-rg, OMF & Mug UK. Would probably head for the same hotel as last year too, which is another reason to try & get numbers etc sorted asap. Pop yer name down here if you fancy joining the posse. Probably starting from Manchester & heading for the coast the best way we can!

All we need then is for Bjorn to sort out the date :P

• Like 3

I'd love to come, and I think this year for once I'll just about be able to afford it too! What are sleeping arrangements like over there, and how pricey are the hotels?

Sleeping on the floor is free* - the hardcore Atari way :)

*except e-jagfest is a 1-dayer and there's no floor to sleep on, oops!

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1

Nice to see some others interested in this little jaunt! We always have a great weekend in Neuss. The minibus I am looking at seats 11, so the more of us going the cheaper it gets! I will investigate fuel economy of the vehicle & start to pester Bjorn for the date (near put for a date, but after Link's last post, it might have looked well dodgy!) We stayed in the Jan De Wirth last year, which was a nice little hotel, 10 mins from the venue. Pretty cheap & with a nice little bar for after show discussion :lol:

• Like 1

...[Jan De Wirth]... Pretty cheap & with a nice little bar for after show discussion :lol:

Oh, so this was a discussion ,really ?

Usually, when 2 brits discuss near me, I don't understand a single word :D

Not sure if I will be able to attend this year (*), but it would be great to stay in same hotel again (if you don't care to have a non-drinking french guy at the same table than you ;) )

(*) Like I said last year, the ideal date would be on October, 22. So I could go to Essen Spiele Messe and Ejagfest in same trip :lust:

For information, the french RGC will held on November 5 and 6.

• Like 2

...[Jan De Wirth]... Pretty cheap & with a nice little bar for after show discussion :lol:

Oh, so this was a discussion ,really ?

Usually, when 2 brits discuss near me, I don't understand a single word :D

Not sure if I will be able to attend this year (*), but it would be great to stay in same hotel again (if you don't care to have a non-drinking french guy at the same table than you ;) )

Would be cool to see you again chief.

Depending on numbers, we could possibly give you a lift from near the ferry port to Germany, if that helps make it more possible a trip for you?

Might be cheaper to just easyjet or ryanair it there and back the same day (that is if they fly to that part of germany), if you wanna cut down on shelling out for hotel accom. and spend more money at the computer fair

That's the reason we drive over, its not cheaper. The cost of driving there and back, (fuel, breakdown cover, Ferry tickets) has consistently been less than half the price of a flight one way. And when the hotels are so cheap, more so if you share a room, its a huge saving cash wise. Takes more time naturally but you can have a good laugh on the way.

Plus cheap flights tend to take you to weird places and you can end up spending a good portion of the day sat on a train. Which we have also done previously.

Last year we arrived at the start, fresh and full of energy rather than towards the end and part dead :)

Might be cheaper to just easyjet or ryanair it there and back the same day (that is if they fly to that part of germany), if you wanna cut down on shelling out for hotel accom. and spend more money at the computer fair

That's the reason we drive over, its not cheaper. The cost of driving there and back, (fuel, breakdown cover, Ferry tickets) has consistently been less than half the price of a flight one way. And when the hotels are so cheap, more so if you share a room, its a huge saving cash wise. Takes more time naturally but you can have a good laugh on the way.

Plus cheap flights tend to take you to weird places and you can end up spending a good portion of the day sat on a train. Which we have also done previously.

Last year we arrived at the start, fresh and full of energy rather than towards the end and part dead :)

Going by air was a lot quicker, but getting to/from Neuss was rather a pain, unless you had good friends like Thorston to ferry you around! We all enjoyed the cost saving last year, so this is why we'd like to expand it & get more of us over there!

• Like 1

Pfffft where's the fun in that?! & excess baggage charges for all my jagcrap would break the bank - gaztee would need to reserve half the luggage compartments ;-)

The overnight ferry from Hull was super cheap when shw took me & Cal to Outline a little while back - and that had a cinema, bars and as many little ice creams as you can eat :lol:

• Like 1

The overnight ferry from Hull was super cheap when shw took me & Cal to Outline a little while back - and that had a cinema, bars and as many little ice creams as you can eat :lol:

Point of note, if you have sweets or chocolate in your possessions make sure its in an airtight odor free container, or the chocolate munching machine there will sniff them out and eat the lot :D

That overnight ferry interests me also...

Hey guys,

nice to see, that you all plan to come again this year. The plannings just begun. At the moment I collect dates of other european retro-shows to avoid any date-conflicts.

best reg,

Björn

ps: check www.twitter.com/ejagfest for updates. :)

• Like 1