IGNORED

Anyone buying from Best Electronics?

Jr. Pac

Is anyone buying anything from BE? I really would like a set of anti-static foil strips and 2 joystick boots/handles in case anyone's willing to add them to their order and charge me for them and send them to me, or if anyone has an extra set. I don't need enough things to meet their $20 dollar limit.

Edited by Jr. Pac

I have a broken 2600 stick handle. I'm "giving" away my last one with a good handle. I guess I'll just wait, but it would be great to this (the buy from BE, pay, recieve, I pay, ship, I recieve).

While we are keeping this thread at the top of the list anyway... :roll:

Why does that web site suck so bad? I don't mean the service, I mean the layout. All the colors and cramped text and text sizes and jumbled stuff. I would love to use that web site more often but it makes my eyes hurt every time I try.

• Like 1

While we are keeping this thread at the top of the list anyway... :roll:

Why does that web site suck so bad? I don't mean the service, I mean the layout. All the colors and cramped text and text sizes and jumbled stuff. I would love to use that web site more often but it makes my eyes hurt every time I try.

It is pretty well organized and well laid out, though. I like it.

In terms of making it more modern (and easier on the eyes), I would imagine that their line of thinking is "if it ain'b broke, don't fix it".

Look at what they sell, I don't think they are concerned about keeping up with the times! :D

It is pretty well organized and well laid out, though. I like it.

In terms of making it more modern (and easier on the eyes), I would imagine that their line of thinking is "if it ain'b broke, don't fix it".

Look at what they sell, I don't think they are concerned about keeping up with the times! :D

Are we looking at the same site? I don't need it to look more modern, just a little less chaotic.

They have a great service, and the prices are hard to argue with, but to be honest if I happened on that site without people here telling me otherwise I would think that site was surely full of old information and the business was closed by now.

I agree. The site has a horrible layout and millions of typos. I need to go through one HUUUUGE page just to find CX-40 stick handles, only to find that I need to email them to get the prices. They definately are open. I think it needs seperate pages for each item that you need to search the item to get to, and call them. I'm really close to the buisness so they should have no minimum order or free shipping to those in central CA.

Minimum orders and shipping cost are how they do business so thats all gravy to me.

Maybe I'll work on a new layout for them, email them with some examples and give them my time to re-work the site? I don't want to come off as putting them down and it been a while since I last used my CIW stuff so this could be a nice way to help and get some more practice in...

• Like 2

Minimum orders and shipping cost are how they do business so thats all gravy to me.

Maybe I'll work on a new layout for them, email them with some examples and give them my time to re-work the site? I don't want to come off as putting them down and it been a while since I last used my CIW stuff so this could be a nice way to help and get some more practice in...

i don't they are the type to get insulted.

Have you ever seen the site mentioned without somebody complaining about the layout? I'd consider that "broke".

Edited by Rex Dart

Best Electronics mainly likes to deal over the phone, and they are super helpful. Just call their number during business hours and they will quote the prices you need. Their parts and supplies are top notch. I just wish I could order in smaller lots than $20 at a time.

I hadn't heard of this site before but love the free tech tips page for people interested in getting into Atari. Seems like it should be required reading for newbs like me.

Also, has anyone bought their rev. 10 catalog? Looks like a great resource and fun read.

Edited by boxpressed

I have the catalog, it has some good info in it and it's fun to look at (even if a lot of the stuff is sold out) - I have the Catalog and the latest Addendum always handy. Much easier to use than looking at the website.

Calling or emailing works well too, as you can ask for specific parts and Brad will let you know right away if he has any.