IGNORED

Complete cleaning up a Jr. console

Deja-Q

The only one I ever adjusted is the red one sticking out of the RF modulator. I put the switch and TV to the channel with the best signal then tune it in a little. It can go through weird color changes, black and white, and static. If you try it turn it slow and see if it affects the ants. Try to stay away from static and black and white. Stay within the correct colors and adjust around that to get the best signal.

• Like 1

Sorry to say, but that didn't work either :sad:

The red one seems to modify the sharpness and the (channel) fine-tuning

The green one is for the color intensity.

Bummer...

Are the original RF cables really that special? I still can't believe that.

No, but I've tryed the original cable from the vader and the picture was just perfect.

I've also tryed the replacement on the vader and the pricture was full of interferences like with the jr consol.

So it must be definatly a problem with the cable :sad:

I have a Heavy Sixer that has something wrong with the RF jack. I have to kind of wiggle the wire around and hold it in place to have a clear picture. When I let go it has static or loses picture. I think the jack is loose. Anyway, have you tried checking the RF jack for a similar problem?

Probably a solder reflow would fix that.

• Like 1

I have a Heavy Sixer that has something wrong with the RF jack. I have to kind of wiggle the wire around and hold it in place to have a clear picture. When I let go it has static or loses picture. I think the jack is loose. Anyway, have you tried checking the RF jack for a similar problem?

Probably a solder reflow would fix that.

I was thinking the same thing. I just haven't done it yet. I'm eventually going to restore all my Ataris like you did.

The original Atari cable is coaxial with RCA ends. The typical RCA cable you see these days isn't coaxial. If you're using a plain RCA cable that's probably the source of your problem. Get a coaxial cable with the normal F-connector ends, and put some F-connector to RCA adapters on it. That should help with the interference.

• Like 2

The original Atari cable is coaxial with RCA ends. The typical RCA cable you see these days isn't coaxial. If you're using a plain RCA cable that's probably the source of your problem. Get a coaxial cable with the normal F-connector ends, and put some F-connector to RCA adapters on it. That should help with the interference.

Awesome, THIS IS the solution of the problem!

I've tryed an old flexible coax cable I've had on stock. I just mounted a standard RF-plug and put the loose end with a little improvisation to the console.

What I now see is the best and most stable picture I've ever seen by a console!

I'm really happy now, cause it's peanuts to get the rest properly done.

Thanx to you all for helping me on this jarring crap.

The funny thing is that the little Vader Jr. has a much better picture than his daddy :D

Now I urgently need a real cold beer to celebrate that :lol:

Edited by Deja-Q
  • Like 2

I didn't know this, either. I'm off to look for some coax cables with the RCA/phono ends for my Odyssey 2 mod.