IGNORED

Questions about the Melody board

chupathingy

I'm curious about the Melody board, maybe someone can help me.

I read that the Melody board can be reprogrammed while in the cart, but that requires sending it back to the AAge store. In the future I'm going to be doing a small run of music carts, and want to know, is it possible to reprogram it without sending it back? I noticed there's 4 solder points grouped together at the top of the board, perhaps that's for usb?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I figured Harmony = Melody with extra bits so it should be posted here.

P.S.

Batari, expect an order for a Harmony cart from me in the next couple of days. :P

We use a special programming appliance to program Melody boards. At the moment, the programming appliance is proprietary, and Melody boards and programmers are not available for purchase in small quantities. If you want a LARGE quantity (i.e. in the hundreds) then I may consider that, as I will be needing the money for another run of Melody boards in the coming months.

Edited by batari

Ok, suppose I order 150 carts with no labels, just awesome music on it. What would be the pricing for that?

You also say you'll need money to produce more boards in the coming months... Will that adversely affect my order of a Harmony?

I'd only consider selling boards only, ready to program and put in cart shells that you'd supply, and include a programmer. EDIT: If the game was small, I could ship them with it already on there.

And no, Harmony orders are not affected, as I will set some aside for them regardless. Also, I still have tons of Melody boards, I'm just anticipating a future need for more than I currently have and want to stay on top of things so no deficiency occurs at an inopportune time.

Edited by batari