IGNORED

VECTREX : how to to play on a regular tv set ?

ozma wars

hi there all Vectrex fans.

I have my Vectrex since 1983 but I can resist playing on a so small monitor.

My question is :

how to play on a bigger screen ?

ready to all mod suggests ( have some Vectrex systems I can eventually kill for modding ) or, better, I am interested to buy any already made modification.

Thanks.

MAX

There's a video posted in a Vectrex thread about 5 posts below this one (currently anyway) that has that, but I believe that's a fake, camera pointed at the vectrex displaying on a TV...

In the "extreme", you could conceivably use a zektor zvg connected to a real Vector arcade monitor, but you'd need to modify a Vectrex emulator to support that output (I think all they support is Vector MAME now)...

In general tho.. Nope..

desiv

Edited by desiv

Here: http://vectex.itherm.cz/

This is the most substantial attempt at a Raster Vectrex display.

Doublecheck the differences between Vector and Raster displays, and you will see why it is very hard to do.

I want to see someone wire an Asteroids / Star Castle monitor to a Vectrex! Juts don't tear apart a working Asteroids or Star Castle machine to do so.

-Jasper

Here: http://vectex.itherm.cz/

This is the most substantial attempt at a Raster Vectrex display.

Doublecheck the differences between Vector and Raster displays, and you will see why it is very hard to do.

I want to see someone wire an Asteroids / Star Castle monitor to a Vectrex! Juts don't tear apart a working Asteroids or Star Castle machine to do so.

-Jasper

Usse the MESS emulator. All the overlays are supported. How can you get overlays for your TV??

Retrousb.com has a vectrex to USB adapter for the controller.

...no emulation can make up for the absence of Vector graphics.

See the following YouTube video by a techie showing his initial attempt at emulating the Vectrex on a PC and using an oscilloscope as the display -> i.e. good old vector graphics. He used the sound card on his PC to provide the waveforms to drive the oscilloscope X and Y inputs.

Skip to 3:00 to see the Vectrex display screen.

Edited by VectrexMad!