IGNORED

Monster Bash - Arcade Conversion

RKGames

I think i found the game i want to work on. here is a youtube video i just posted showing some of the early tileset work. Unless someone else is working on this game already? let me know if someone is! I've got about 2 hours on the tiles so-far, and they will hopefully continue to improve over the next few days to look as arcade perfect as the coleco will allow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm_LExJBgGk

Let me know your thoughts!

Russ

• Like 1

Wow, very cool to see something this early in the process Russ. I must admit I don't remember the game but I'll definitely be heading to YouTube. Great looking start! :)

I remeber playing this one as a kid at Show Biz Pizza and thinking it was amazing. it's very challenging (but not impossible) to play. the videos on youtube make the game look easy. I remeber it taking like 4 quarters before i finished the 1st level as a kid. Plus i think this is a great fit on the coleco because this was around during the coleco days and i always wondered as a kid if sega and coleco would release it. seems like a possible title to me back then. I'm looking to write a good platform engine for later games and figured this is a simpler game and should allow me to get my engine started (bad joke).

Russ

I wonder if this game will be available this year or next year...

If CollectorVision publishes it, it will probably be next year. J-F already has a nice lineup ahead of him for the remainder of this year, I can't imagine him adding one more game to his 2011 to-do list.

If CollectorVision publishes it, it will probably be next year. J-F already has a nice lineup ahead of him for the remainder of this year, I can't imagine him adding one more game to his 2011 to-do list.

Depending on when Russ will finish it, I might be able to release it before the end of the year

However, you have to consider the beta-testing, wich could take some time...

In fact, If I remember it right, I think I have like 10 games to release before the end of the year..... hell, what a xmast! :D

Depending on when Russ will finish it, I might be able to release it before the end of the year

In fact, If I remember it right, I think I have like 10 games to release before the end of the year..... hell, what a xmast! :D

Here's the list of games coming up before the end of the year (The first 3 titles will get release in about 2-3 weeks)

- Bomb n Blast

- Ozma Wars

- Chack n Pop

- Burn Rubber (FINALLY!!)

- Way of the Exploding Foot

- Side Trak

- Zombie Near

- A.E.

- Lock n Chase

• Like 1

Here's the list of games coming up before the end of the year (The first 3 titles will get release in about 2-3 weeks)

- Bomb n Blast

- Ozma Wars

- Chack n Pop

- Side Trak

- Zombie Near

- A.E.

- Lock n Chase

Great, I release six ColecoVision games on one day, and now everybody else is trying to out-do me. :ponder:

:P

- Bomb n Blast

- Ozma Wars

- Chack n Pop

- Side Trak

- Zombie Near

- A.E.

- Lock n Chase

Time to open a Coleco store! What with all the tremendous products coming down the pipeline from all the Homebrewers and everything else that's been made available over the years... there's definetly no shortage of products to display! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Time to open a Coleco store! What with all the tremendous products coming down the pipeline from all the Homebrewers and everything else that's been made available over the years... there's definetly no shortage of products to display! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sure, but without any people supporting the homebrewers, there will not be those wonderfull homebrew games available

So two thumbs up to all who support the homebrew scene! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Bomb n Blast

- Ozma Wars

- Chack n Pop

- Side Trak

- Zombie Near

- A.E.

- Lock n Chase

Great, I release six ColecoVision games on one day, and now everybody else is trying to out-do me. :ponder:

:P

Wait a minute... What happened to Lode Runner?

Wow ... perfect player moving on ladder ... The worst part when i code a game with ladder ! Congrats !!!!

Thanks, it was tricky to get good movement of the player on the ladder, i'm glad it's working now and i can focus on the other parts of the game! Plat-formers are a challenge to code for sure!

Very, very nice!

Does the glare from the lit candle in the upper right corner keep you from going in the door? It seems to obstruct it slightly.

That is a glitch for now. the glare should not block the door. it's one of the many things i need to code into the game this week! Thanks for noticing! It's great to see this many people kinda excited about the game and picking up on errors in the videos to help out! thanks again!

Russ