IGNORED

Multijoy16

Bunsen

... I've even never read (somewhere in the internet) that 16 men played simultaneously on one Atari.

Thanks to the never-to-be-forgotten Raster, who developed Multijoy16, we had the opportunity to play with 16 people on fujiama party 2011.

I think there are only 2 games that support Multijoy16: Shot'em all and Cervi2, both written by Raster.

We decided to play Shot'em all.

Multijoy16.JPG

No photographer used wide angle, so you can't see all 16 people on the picture.

16Joysticks.JPG

Hard to place all 16 Joysticks in front of a screen.

Device.JPG

This one built by mega-hz.

SEALL.JPG

Screenshot of Shot'em all. Look at the scores in the header and in the footer. Quite hard to find your score.

Hello guys

Multijoy16.JPG

I'm only gonna mention the people on the picture who's name you might have seen here on AtariAge.

Left side, black Atari T-shirt, Black pants, that's me. The guy with the glasses on the top of his head, thats BigBen, the guy with the ponytail in front of BigBen is Hias. The guy with the black Atari T-shirt "between/above" Hias and BigBen is thorsten_gunther. The guy with the blue Atari T-shirt to Thorsten's right is Bunsen. The guy in the green shirt is Beetle, standing next to him is skr, the guy sitting "below" Beetle is JAC. The guy sitting on the table is Sleepy. I'm not sure if the rest of the guys shown in the picture are known here on AA. Except for GoodbyteXL maybe, who's "visible" above me, the guy who's head is cut of at the ear (only on the photo). I'll post one of the group photo's that were shot on my meetings page soon and put up all the names soon.

sincerely

Mathy

PS I know of at least 4 people who were there of the first time this year that said they 'ld come again next year. The Fujiama bug is highly contagious and that's just how we want it to be. :D

• Like 1

Here's an idea for a multi-joy game. Democratic shoot 'em up. The move that gets the most "votes" does that move. If 7 players are pulling left, and 1 goes right, it goes left, etc.

Nice idea! Do it!

I dun have the resources. Just throwin' it out there.

Hello therealbountybob

Shiuming Lai once visited the same location when the Unconventional was still held there. (The Unconventional and the Schreiersgrün-meeting were replaced by the Fujiama meeting) He's from England too. You can read all about his visit in older issues of MyAtari the online magazine. (Front page on the net is gone, but the individual magazines were still available the last time I check, which was a while ago) With all those budget airlines, price of a ticket shouldn't have gone up (much).

OK, it took some time, but I finally found it. Check out Shiuming's article here.

CU

Mathy

Shiuming Lai once visited the same location when the Unconventional was still held there. (The Unconventional and the Schreiersgrün-meeting were replaced by the Fujiama meeting) He's from England too. You can read all about his visit in older issues of MyAtari the online magazine. (Front page on the net is gone, but the individual magazines were still available the last time I check, which was a while ago) With all those budget airlines, price of a ticket shouldn't have gone up (much).

Hello Mathy!

The problem with budget airlines is the excess weight of all that Atari equipment - that's why the UK Jaguar fans travel to the €-Jagfest by car (a rented mini bus, AFAIK).

Travelling by train is also a possibility, as u0679 and me did exactly that from Hamburg Altona, but one has to limit himself to what he can carry with both his hands and on his back, for no train goes directly to Lengenfeld (the ICE (InterCityExpress) rode us to Leipzig central station, an RE (RegionalExpress) rode us to Zwickau central station and the Vogtlandbahn - a private railroad - rode us to Lengenfeld station). From London St. Pancras International, that would be a 12 hour trip, riding at least four trains - and with either a lengthy stop at Leipzig or arriving in Zwickau in the evening (at least that connection - Eurostar 9108 06:19h to Bruxelles-Midi, ICE 15 to Frankfurt(M) Airport, IC 2251 to Weimar and RE 3663 to Zwickau, is very reasonably priced at bahn.de - € 69 (early bookers only!) for a single trip plus € 5.30 for the Vogtlandbahn).

Since the Fujiama opens 12 pm on thursday, reaching Lengenfeld at 19:39 pm (according to train schedule) only makes sense for those who also book a room in a nearby hotel like the Hotel Lengenfelder Hof.

Thorsten

... I've even never read (somewhere in the internet) that 16 men played simultaneously on one Atari.

Did enjoy a 16 player Cervi match at Atariada on big screen. It's hard to recognize which is actually you on the screen but it's fun when playing with so much people all at once.

Shiuming Lai once visited the same location when the Unconventional was still held there.

Nick Harlow traveled the whole way from the U.K. to the UnConventional 2002 meeting by car, together with about his whole Atari Jaguar inventory. And no, he hasn't got a van. Just a regular Rover. And it's not like that when you cross the German border you are there. Schreiersgruen is about as far east as you can go. It takes just another 5 steps to cross the Czech border.

Nir Dary (Darey) visited Unconventional in 2000. He traveled from Israel to the Netherlands by plane and from there to Schreiersgrun by car. I still remember the expression on the faces of the German border police over there when they stopped our 2 cars and while checking passports they're presented with papers from the Netherlands, Germany, Israel and Belgium.

Anyways, if you want to visit such meetings, try to meet up with someone you know (or want to know :-)) who's traveling by car anyways. Just join them, sleep over (if possible), split the cost of fuel or even rent a van if necessary. Try to borrow some of their equipment, like monitor/diskdrive, so you don't have to carry those with you in the plane/train/bicycle/whatever. If your Atari is about stock you don't have to bring it with you. I'm pretty sure someone else can provide you one. Only bring the special things, like custom/special hardware, software or anything else which you may need or want to show.

Hello guys

Multijoy16.JPG

I'm only gonna mention the people on the picture who's name you might have seen here on AtariAge.

Left side, black Atari T-shirt, Black pants, that's me. The guy with the glasses on the top of his head, thats BigBen, the guy with the ponytail in front of BigBen is Hias. The guy with the black Atari T-shirt "between/above" Hias and BigBen is thorsten_gunther. The guy with the blue Atari T-shirt to Thorsten's right is Bunsen. The guy in the green shirt is Beetle, standing next to him is skr, the guy sitting "below" Beetle is JAC. The guy sitting on the table is Sleepy. I'm not sure if the rest of the guys shown in the picture are known here on AA. Except for GoodbyteXL maybe, who's "visible" above me, the guy who's head is cut of at the ear (only on the photo). I'll post one of the group photo's that were shot on my meetings page soon and put up all the names soon.

sincerely

Mathy

PS I know of at least 4 people who were there of the first time this year that said they 'ld come again next year. The Fujiama bug is highly contagious and that's just how we want it to be. :D

Hi Mathy,

I'm also here on AA - on the photo sitting right before Hias.

CU Holger

Hello Holger

Didn't know you were on AtariAge. And I guess most people here didn't. I only mentioned those people that I think regular AtariAge user would recognize.

To all the rest: Holger is the guy in the red and white T-shirt in the front.

CU

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

Multijoy16.JPG

No photographer used wide angle, so you can't see all 16 people on the picture.

It seems that Hias is a fan of the finish band Eläkeläiset, which is well known for their charming Humppa music! Interesting is, that Atari folks tend to share the same music taste. Again I got a proof for this theory! :)

Needless to say, that I'm also a big fan and I saw the band this year already 2 times! Actually it could be that while Hias played Multijoy in Legenfeld I was at the very same time watching band live at the Wacken Open Air Festival!

For those who are interested:

http://www.humppa.com/

grtx,

\twh!

It seems that Hias is a fan of the finish band Eläkeläiset, which is well known for their charming Humppa music! Interesting is, that Atari folks tend to share the same music taste. Again I got a proof for this theory! :)

I seriously doubt that theory. While I occasionally listen to some bands (e.g. Equilibrium) that use Humppa in their music, Eläkeläiset has been none of them yet. And if you click through the photo galleries of the Fujiama 2011, the only two other band shirts you will see, are of Das Ich and Nachtmahr, representing very different styles of music.

Thorsten

And if you click through the photo galleries of the Fujiama 2011, the only two other band shirts you will see, are of Das Ich and Nachtmahr, representing very different styles of music.

I also saw "Das Ich" 2 (or maybe 3) times, didn't buy any t-shirts, though :)

so long,

Hias

• 5 years later...