IGNORED

Atari 8 bit Ethernet Cartridge Label Contest!

puppetmark

I would like to have a label contest for the Atari 8-bit Ethernet Cartridge, now called the Dragon Cart. Post the entries here in this thread by August 31st. At that point, we can all vote on the entries and the winning design will get a free Dragon Cart. Any and all ideas are welcome, but a couple of thought I had were to have a dragon's tail morphing out into the shape of a RJ45 connector, and / or maybe have the scales on the back of a dragon look like the Atari fuji symbol.

Here is a picture of the cartridge shell with a blank label. The actual cartridges will be black, this is just the prototype:

post-9166-0-68361900-1312908582_thumb.jpg

Here is the label information:

We are using full sheets, weatherproof, white gloss finish:

post-9166-0-73709600-1312908624_thumb.jpg

Sheet Size: 8.5" x 11"

Dimensions: 1.75" x 1.25"

Corner Radius: 0.125"

Spacing Between Labels: Vertical Spacing 0", Horizontal Spacing 0.1875", Vertical Pitch 1.25", Horizontal Pitch 1.9375"

Margins: Top 0.5", Bottom 0.5", Left 0.468", Right 0.468"

Labels per sheet: 32

Same Size As: Avery 6570

Thanks everyone, I am excited to see what people come up with!

Edited by puppetmark

I would like to have a label contest for the Atari 8-bit Ethernet Cartridge, now called the Dragon Cart. Post the entries here in this thread by August 31st. At that point, we can all vote on the entries and the winning design will get a free Dragon Cart. Any and all ideas are welcome, but a couple of thought I had were to have a dragon's tail morphing out into the shape of a RJ45 connector, and / or maybe have the scales on the back of a dragon look like the Atari fuji symbol.

Thanks everyone, I am excited to see what people come up with!

I can't draw, but I was thinking about using the Fuji as the dragon's wings, have it eat the RJ45 and blow out flames from it's behind. And have it look like it's constipated.

If you have settled on "Dragon," at least label it "Dragon Ethernet" instead of "Dragon Cart."

If someone wants to include "Ethernet" in their label design, That's fine with me, but the official name is the Dragon Cart, that's not up for debate here, just looking for some neat label designs.

BTW, I think it would be funny to have a picture of a dragon in a medievel-times two wheel cart, or something like that.. (I didn't really think about the pun until I read this post)

i have a few ideas, but i cant draw... no i mean even my stick figures look like scribbles...

i was thinking a Dragon, pulling a cart, with an Atari® 800XL on it, and the dragons tail turning into an ethernet cable and going into the side of the cart in the 800XL, and the dragon itself 'eating' 0's and 1's off the ground... even using a 130XE, vertically would work also...

Other idea i had was the dragon on the one side 'spitting fire' that is 1's and 0's and the going into a cart on the 800XL/130XE.

sloopy.

i have a few ideas, but i cant draw... no i mean even my stick figures look like scribbles...

i was thinking a Dragon, pulling a cart, with an Atari® 800XL on it, and the dragons tail turning into an ethernet cable and going into the side of the cart in the 800XL, and the dragon itself 'eating' 0's and 1's off the ground... even using a 130XE, vertically would work also...

Other idea i had was the dragon on the one side 'spitting fire' that is 1's and 0's and the going into a cart on the 800XL/130XE.

sloopy.

Ideas are welcome, and I like both of those.

Come on people, 16 days left!

Edited by puppetmark