IGNORED

2600 right just died on me?

Jr. Pac

Tonight, I just wanted to play a quick round of Ms. Pac-Man on my good ol' 2600 and my brand new CX-40. I turned it on and started the game, but the right joystick direction all the sudden died on me and I can't go right. What's wrong?

:sad:

Tonight, I just wanted to play a quick round of Ms. Pac-Man on my good ol' 2600 and my brand new CX-40. I turned it on and started the game, but the right joystick direction all the sudden died on me and I can't go right. What's wrong?

:sad:

Maybe your Atari 2600 heard you say "all of the sudden" and it tried to tell you you weren't right the only way it knew how? :D

It's not the joystick, as you said it worked fine in the second port. So the problem would be in the first joystick port. Maybe bend pins like mentioned above, or dirt has build up on the pins, or the pins may be corroded in the first joystick port.

Actually, it just "broke" again. It turns out it was a problem with the extension cable I was using, not the system or joystick. :P

When writting a short story such as this has become it is always pertinent to include all details. You could not describe a main character by merely including the fact that he is round and yellow. One might assume your character would be called Homer? Thus, more information would be needed to get the whole picture. Including the fact that you were using your controller with an extender would have been very helpful in determining the cause of said faulty controller...or port....with a little more information, your main character could resemble Pac-Man and you then would have a complete story?

:D glad to here it is working fine as you mentioned it was a new Atari console....

Edited by Chris Leach

Actually, it just "broke" again. It turns out it was a problem with the extension cable I was using, not the system or joystick. :P

When writting a short story such as this has become it is always pertinent to include all details. You could not describe a main character by merely including the fact that he is round and yellow. One might assume your character would be called Homer? Thus, more information would be needed to get the whole picture. Including the fact that you were using your controller with an extender would have been very helpful in determining the cause of said faulty controller...or port....with a little more information, your main character could resemble Pac-Man and you then would have a complete story?

:D glad to here it is working fine as you mentioned it was a new Atari console....

Rather interesting way of putting it ... :roll: But I agree.